Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I actually have the regional manager and a few local managers digging through their closets.

And you expect them....

To help you prevail, in litigation against the company ?

Have you addressed the issue, through the grievance procedure ?

A "life long" debilitating illness, needs legal advice.

-Bug-

UPS4Life

Does anyone know if this is all twinhill uniforms or only from a certain time period? I just checked and I have twin hill everything. I haven't had any rashes or anything but I do wear a tshirt under my ups shirt. As far as time goes I've only been a driver for 3 years not sure if it's a certain batch of clothing or everything. Any info is appreciated

Sent using BrownCafe App

Gini Mic

And you expect them....

To help you prevail, in litigation against the company ?

Have you addressed the issue, through the grievance procedure ?

A "life long" debilitating illness, needs legal advice.

-Bug-

Its not about litigation BUG. At this point I'm just trying to make as many people aware as possible so that we can get the Twin Hill uni's recalled.

Gini Mic

Does anyone know if this is all twinhill uniforms or only from a certain time period? I just checked and I have twin hill everything. I haven't had any rashes or anything but I do wear a tshirt under my ups shirt. As far as time goes I've only been a driver for 3 years not sure if it's a certain batch of clothing or everything. Any info is appreciated

Sent using BrownCafe App

Not everyone is having a reaction and of those who are not everyone is reacting the same way. As far as I can tell I am one of the most severe cases but I have seen a few others as bad as me. Here is a link to one of the articles about the issues that the Alaska Air employees suffered.

http://www.stollberne.com/ClassActi...-class-action-relating-to-defective-uniforms/

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Gini Mic

So..

The whole premiss of this thread, and the other one you started....

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/twin-hill-uniforms-causing-hives.357663/

And the Facebook fishing expedition, is just "information" for actual UPS employees.

Cool.

Thanks for clarifying that.

-Bug-
I am being told that UPS won't do anything about these terrible uniforms until more people come forward with thier own complaints and patch test results. I have to work in this environment. So yes, this campaign is informative. Going public with this story could actually harm any possible litigation. I'm here trying to help other drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its not about litigation BUG. At this point I'm just trying to make as many people aware as possible so that we can get the Twin Hill uni's recalled.
Litigation is the only way ups will do anything about it. You have a life long illness now. You should be compensated handsomely.

oldupsman

First thing I did when I got new uniforms was wash them. Never put anything on right out of the box.
This was going on 10 years ago. But it usually happened to guys if they put the uniform on without
washing them first. Once they were washed, no problem.

Gini Mic

First thing I did when I got new uniforms was wash them. Never put anything on right out of the box.
This was going on 10 years ago. But it usually happened to guys if they put the uniform on without
washing them first. Once they were washed, no problem.

All the uniforms that I took in for patch testing were washed. I didn't have this issue with the Riverside uniforms, just the Twin Hill.

Last edited:

Gini Mic

Litigation is the only way ups will do anything about it. You have a life long illness now. You should be compensated handsomely.
Unfortunately I do have to agree with you. Any agreement between myself and UPS however are between UPS and myself (not that any such agreement exists). The fact still stands that there is a wider issue with the uniform itself as a potentially dangerous piece of our equipment. We nees to get the word out so that we can force UPS' s hand into providing a safe uniform. It was a terrible mistake to give them the opportunity to go overseas for our uni's. That contract line should've been left alone.

Last edited:

fres431

Gini Mac is on the right track twin hill uniforms from 2011 on have these chemicals in them. These same chemicals are banned in the European Union for these reasons. Wearing the twin hill uniforms in the heat does seem to increase the rash. I know the American made twin hill uniforms are in fact made out of same material as the Chinese ones, they just assemble uniforms in SoCal. I know there is a grievance with ups requesting uniforms to be made in America supposedly the company has challenged the union to find a company in USA to make them.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just FYI, dermatitis is simply an irritation of the skin. A contact dermatitis means your skin is irritated from from something that came in contact with it.

A previous dog I had knocked over some paint thinner on one of her legs and the diagnosis was contact dermatitis, which the vet explained as a fancy way of saying rash.

So an allergic contact dermatitis would be your skin coming in contact with something with which you have an allergic reaction.

Allergic Contact Dermatitis isn't necessarily a permanent condition. The longer your skin spends in contact with the allergen the longer it will take to recover.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
25sqtc8.jpg
Gini may be a pretty name but you look awful!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unfortunately I do have to agree with you. Any agreement between myself and UPS however are between UPS and myself (not that any such agreement exists). The fact still stands that there is a wider issue with the uniform itself as a potentially dangerous piece of our equipment. We nees to get the word out so that we can force UPS' s hand into providing a safe uniform. It was a terrible mistake to give them the opportunity to go overseas for our uni's. That contract line should've been left alone.
It's called a class action lawsuit.