Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

jaker

trolling
We switched to the Twin Hill uniforms around the winter of '08-'09. At least that when they started to get to us in Washington state. There are still some locals that have articles in thier contract that stipulate US made uniforms. For instance California drivers get Twin Hill uniforms that are manufactured in the US. HR is about to send me a few of those. I plan to have them tested before I wear them though and I will report my findings for you guys here.
How can you tell where the uniform is made , because I live in California and have had some pimples that get big and hurt and after they pop leave a scar

Just took this picture of a brand new shirt not made in USA and all my shorts say made in china
image.jpg

Last edited:

fres431

Ya sorry for the bad news but I'm going to be pushing this issue locally and see where I get. I've read the airlines complaints..someone previous said that they going to get their uniforms tested? Can you pm me where and maybe send me contact Info on it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My uniforms bothered me as well when I drove. I thought it was just me. I always wore long pants, and when I would wear shorts on weekends, people would ask me if I got into an antbed they were so bad. BTW Twinhill is a subsidiary of Men's Wearhouse.

Gini Mic

BTW I have posted this on the Facebook vote no ups contract page and Cheryl shared this thread on the Brown Cafe Facebook page. Both posts are pretty active and between the two they've been shared over 100 times. It would be helpful if you guys and gals wanted to add your voices to those conversations as well.

Gini Mic

Ya sorry for the bad news but I'm going to be pushing this issue locally and see where I get. I've read the airlines complaints..someone previous said that they going to get their uniforms tested? Can you pm me where and maybe send me contact Info on it.
I am going to a dermatologist who can do a patch test on my skin with the uniform. Chemical analysis of fabrics is really spendy and something that we need to have the union pushed onto the company dime. I'm working on that right now in the 690.

Gini Mic

How can you tell where the uniform is made , because I live in California and have had some pimples that get big and hurt and after they pop leave a scar

Just took this picture of a brand new shirt not made in USA and all my shorts say made in china
Sorry Jaker. It seems I'm getting bad info from HR. Maybe its a different local than you and Fres 431. When I get a hold of them I will share the return address.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Any update on this? Any chance in hell we could see the email obviously with the names blacked out?
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he got reamed for sending the ceo any type of correspondence through the ups email system...If he did get a response that was positive I would be shocked....I hope it's the latter. Btw..maybe he has a secretary filter through the crap emails...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You guys who wear a hat on a daily basis...have you seen the way the sweat totally changes the color of the material to a yellowish tint..never use to happen with the old school hat....color would fade a bit but not turn piss yellow..

You guys who wear a hat on a daily basis...have you seen the way the sweat totally changes the color of the material to a yellowish tint..never use to happen with the old school hat....color would fade a bit but not turn piss yellow..
Yea that plus I keep getting a tan on the left side of my body.

Packmule

I get these minor rashes on my legs occasionally as well. More so on the tops of my feet with those damn expensive socks than the uniform bottoms though. I think I'm allergic to the brown dyes or something. Oh well. Soldier on until something more comes out of it. Too new to have ever been fitted in Riverside apparel.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.
I can relate to the part about dish network call tags.

Gini Mic

I never wore the hat (just not a ball cap kinda guy) till one day my wife said that it looked good on me... then a couple weeks later...
20140804_121941.jpg

Gini Mic

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he got reamed for sending the ceo any type of correspondence through the ups email system...If he did get a response that was positive I would be shocked....I hope it's the latter. Btw..maybe he has a secretary filter through the crap emails...
I sent him an email too. Honestly, I suggest that every one who is having issues send one with pics. Solidarity is the only way we have ever gotten anything. Don't get me wrong here, I bleed the brown & gold and love the heck out of my pay check and benefits but we had to demand that stuff with one voice.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I sent him an email too. Honestly, I suggest that every one who is having issues send one with pics. Solidarity is the only way we have ever gotten anything. Don't get me wrong here, I bleed the brown & gold and love the heck out of my pay check and benefits but we had to demand that stuff with one voice.
So did you get a response from him...??

Dr.Brownz

I may have had minor symptoms. When I first started driving I noticed maybe one or two small red bumps on my thighs. They would come and go I assumed they were insect bites or ingrown hair or something. I've been out for the last two months but when I'm back in I'll see if the bumps come back

edit: come to think of it.....my first month driving I had horrible what I thought was "heat rash" all over my feet. Now I'm thinking it may have been something else....

Gini Mic

So did you get a response from him...??

I haven't gotten a response and if my manager has then he isn't telling me. I did however get some Twin Hill uniforms made in the USA. I haven't put them on yet and don't plan to until I can get a patch test done with a sample of the new uni's. This is the first relief I've had in 5 years and I'm not about to set myself back without knowing for sure that these uniforms are OK the wear. I was also told that there is a 100% cotton option. I don't know why I wasn't told about that before I got these; I would have gone for the cotton for sure. I was also told by the western regional HR manager that in light of the big stink that I'm making about the uniform anyone who thinks they are being negatively effected by twin hill can just say so and will get the USA made or cotton version, no questions asked.
20140814_062220.jpg

Gini Mic

I may have had minor symptoms. When I first started driving I noticed maybe one or two small red bumps on my thighs. They would come and go I assumed they were insect bites or ingrown hair or something. I've been out for the last two months but when I'm back in I'll see if the bumps come back

edit: come to think of it.....my first month driving I had horrible what I thought was "heat rash" all over my feet. Now I'm thinking it may have been something else....
My problems started on my feet and ankles then progressed eventually covering my legs, waist, arms, neck and forehead.