Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I haven't gotten a response and if my manager has then he isn't telling me. I did however get some Twin Hill uniforms made in the USA. I haven't put them on yet and don't plan to until I can get a patch test done with a sample of the new uni's. This is the first relief I've had in 5 years and I'm not about to set myself back without knowing for sure that these uniforms are OK the wear. I was also told that there is a 100% cotton option. I don't know why I wasn't told about that before I got these; I would have gone for the cotton for sure. I was also told by the western regional HR manager that in light of the big stink that I'm making about the uniform anyone who thinks they are being negatively effected by twin hill can just say so and will get the USA made or cotton version, no questions asked. View attachment 15671
So by being able to order USA uniforms is ups saying that there is a difference between American made or offshore...

Gini Mic

He was breaking out because of something related to the uniforms so ups ordered USA made browns....I'm thinking something beyond quality...are these offshore fabrics using chemicals not used in uniforms made here
Thats not entirely clear yet. My wife and I own a small business and USA made doesn't always mean what it sounds like. I actually think that they shipped the fabric over from the Bangladesh factory and assembled it in a CA Men's Warehouse factory. I am going to do a patch test soon but I am still suggesting that everyone who is having an issue with the uniform ask for the alternative right away.

Gini Mic

For every one that is having issues with the uniform please join the Bleeding4Brown Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/337850953046361/

I am trying to gather all of the drivers having this issue in one place. Our union doesn't have a national database so they don't know what is going on the next region over and local management and HR just seem clueless no matter what happens. Please head over to the FB group and share your story so that we have a single comprehensive document to point our union and HR reps to when they look at us like a deer in the headlights.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With these new uniforms, if you iron them yourselves, you will see that the INK they use to dye the uniforms brown, comes off when you apply high heat and steam to the pants or shirts.

Check your irons face after you iron, and you will see the burned INK on the iron.

They are cheap and not brown material. Its a crappy dye job, and more than likely, the INK contains a chemcical that is causing the skin reactions.

In china, they dont regulate the paint/ink industry like here in the states, so it isnt unreasonable to believe they are using a chemical in the uniforms that is causing the skin irritations.

I also, get periodical skin rash only when I wear my uniforms.

TOS.

Bottom rung

I asked about different uniform options today due to getting rash, my center manager laughed in my face. He told me "to wear proper undergarments and the problem will go away, . There's nothing wrong with the uniforms the company provides for free." The way and speed at which he answered me makes me believe he's answered this question before.

Gini Mic

I asked about different uniform options today due to getting rash, my center manager laughed in my face. He told me "to wear proper undergarments and the problem will go away, . There's nothing wrong with the uniforms the company provides for free." The way and speed at which he answered me makes me believe he's answered this question before.
Your manager doesn't seem to be very well educated on ADA regulations (americans with disabilities act). Its illegal for him to refuse a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons. UPS has some exahstive paperwork to file for the claim but under the law a verbal request is all that is necessary. I would suggest that you go to HR and request an alternative uniform right away. The company keeps the regional HR managers away from each other for some reason so they will very likely not be aware that there is a US made or cotton alternative. If that is the case you can call the Western Regional HR manager, {full name, phone number and email edited out by cheryl} . She knows about the issues with the uniform and where to get the US made alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overpaid Union Thug

I never had hives per say but I would itch a little. As summer started I ordered uniform shirts that are one size too big for me to help combat the heat. Every since then I don't get as hot and I noticed the itching stopped too. I think some people are just wearing tight shirts. That is bad for the heat.

AGKLM

I have noticed some of these issues as well. It rained heavily one day this past week and the next morning I woke up with a rash all over my bottom half. New pair of shorts. The rash also affected the tip of my genital area which caused for some very uncomfortable chafing throughout the next day. Top half didn't see any irritation, however my shirt has been washed a lot over at least a year. I was wearing all Twin Hill. I covered myself in medicated powder and it mostly went away the following day.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Your manager doesn't seem to be very well educated on ADA regulations (americans with disabilities act). Its illegal for him to refuse a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons. UPS has some exahstive paperwork to file for the claim but under the law a verbal request is all that is necessary. I would suggest that you go to HR and request an alternative uniform right away. The company keeps the regional HR managers away from each other for some reason so they will very likely not be aware that there is a US made or cotton alternative. If that is the case you can call the Western Regional HR manager, {full name, phone number and email edited out by cheryl} . She knows about the issues with the uniform and where to get the US made alternatives.
Please don't post any full names, phone numbers or email addresses on our public forum. If people are interested in getting the contact info they can send you a private message.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I never had hives per say but I would itch a little. As summer started I ordered uniform shirts that are one size too big for me to help combat the heat. Every since then I don't get as hot and I noticed the itching stopped too. I think some people are just wearing tight shirts. That is bad for the heat.
Under armour shirts for the heat the way to go.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"provides for free" until you're forking out co-pays, in the doctors office for topical ointments. Just another arrogant center manager regurgitating a corporate line.

hyena

Christ is there any thing we don't bitch about? I noticed my hands are getting dry from the steering wheel. Can I get ups to pay for some lotion?