Union has no nuts

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What we pay our union dues for, representation that’s looking out for the membership’s interests.

They quote how rich the contract was, let’s talk in 5 years about how the average wage of a full time, top rate employee has decreased.

By their calculations, this contract is richest because it was also held out for the longest. Their “richest contract ever” is simply back pay, nothing to do with actual language or otherwise.
I will say, some supplements got good pensions contributions.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I will say, some supplements got good pensions contributions.
Think of it from the company point of view, by giving higher pension contributions, they can stave off the oncoming disaster that is Central States, which they are on the hook for. Wait till the next contract or the one after when the majority of drivers won’t have any vested interest in keeping the language in for UPS to cover Central States downfall.

Throw the carrot of higher wages and get rid of the coverage language, these donkeys will vote yes.

:edit This is all part of the end game to get rid of a pension program and required liabilities.

Think of it from the company point of view, by giving higher pension contributions, they can stave off the oncoming disaster that is Central States, which they are on the hook for. Wait till the next contract or the one after when the majority of drivers won’t have any vested interest in keeping the language in for UPS to cover Central States downfall.

Throw the carrot of higher wages and get rid of the coverage language, these donkeys will vote yes.
The new plan is in good shape.

rocket man

Is it finally realized that our union has no nuts because we are not getting our back money until july? Because to me it is. We could be voting on taking a strike day or week right now if we had a union with balls. They said 6 to 8 weeks and they aren't being held accountable. Expecially when they had some BS manual calculations crap. Like really. Do you honest expect ups to be able to count pass 10. How many checks do they get wrong a week now? I've had 8 green checks cut in less than a year. We should be taking a strike day across the union right now if they had any form of balls. We should just buy out union management some pads for the month because that's what they are now.

rocket man

You should retract your statement. So many people didn't vote in you're talkin about going on strike to get your back pay.? I was sick for many months and lived on short term disability for a while from months if you need to back pay that bad then you're doing something wrong go on strike let us know how it goes. And the union does have a lot of nuts about 2 million of them but the union does have big balls

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
How's that ?
You should have seen the mad scramble today.
Drivers climbing over top of each other.... "opting out" of 9.5 protection.
You are so full of :censored2: I doudt you even need to wear the uniform to be identified at this point. WTF am I saying, you haven't done the job, or any work for decades! Just sucking on the teat of the union payroll for how long now?

By their calculations, this contract is richest because it was also held out for the longest

Its the "richest" but falls below the rate of inflation!

Cliff notes for the idiots out there*cough*cough*BUG*cough*, we make less now then 4 years ago when you factor in the cost of living!

35years

Gravy route
Just after the national passed a member of the national committee told us to not expect the back pay checks until July or August of this year. He knew this in October of last year!

This has been planned out long ago. UPS saves tons of money on interest collected and members who retired or quit. The top dogs at the union knew about the delay long ago.

Do you really believe it takes that long to calculate back pay? Are they using an abacus?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yet....

Another child left behind.

Yawn.

And my groupie.... has nothing to add to the conversation.

How many days a week, do you work ?

Have you ever thought.... you might be part of the problem ?
These guys are all the same.......blaming the Union for all their problems. They are never gonna learn that THEY are the union. wouldn't waste time responding to these idiots.

BiggieBrown

And I'll be making the same as someone who's been with UPS longer than me. Exactly. What a raise. Be grateful you're getting one.

Cry me a River.

I agree with Brostalss.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of the most expensive places to live in this country.

I make the exact same as someone that has been with this company 15 years longer than me. I also make the same as someone who lives in McCook Nebraska. Where the cost of living is a 1/3 of what mine is.

Try being a Part-Timer here, at the same pay as you where rent for a one bedroom apartment STARTS at $2,500. A month.

Some people struggle, and some people live like royalty. We all make the same. Is it fair? You signed up to work the job...

Ah more boot-lickers, what a surprise.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
In 50 years I'm hoping to still get boners!

boner_3.gif

What'dyabringmetoday???

Do you know how many members would be in "arrears" for non-payment of dues ?

Sorry @BlackCat.... your can't work today, until your back dues are paid in full.

:biggrin:

Nope.

Why would anyone hate a UPS'er ?

I'm still on the seniority list.... long before you were born.

When people don't vote.... that's what happens.

The Union doesn't take your money.

You give it up willingly.

Who goes to the buffet.... when you can go to the gym ?

(on my time.... and my dime)

@What'dyabringmetoday???

If you have such a problem with your elected Local Union Officials....

Why haven't you done anything about it ?

Like run for office.

I guess it's easier to complain (anonymously) on the internet.

-Bug-
Thank you for everything you've done tough guy. Now go get some spaghetti.