Union Leadership- Huge Nads!

F

Frankie's Friend

I think I am going to vote no with hope that we go on strike. I want a strike. I think the membership voted overwhelmingly to authorize a strike. I think if we vote this down, we should walk.
Walk on back to the table and tell Den that unionized part time Americans should get another $3 to start, drop the progression across the board to 2 years top out and tell Tommy N or whichever wizard of oz directs the board over bennies to give healthcare coverage at 90 days.

If the part timers are qualified in 30 days and held accountable to the same standards the 20 yr employees are then they should get compensated accordingly.

I'm a driver and I care about the future members that will be drivers...if they actually stay in this ship.
20180613_185645.jpg

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Yes I honestly am so sick of the bickering that I want you to vote no. I want to get more out of this company. I think if we are ready to vote no, plus we authorized a strike we have all the cards. 5,000,000,000 plus another 1,000,000,000. For every zero I put down I mean it more. What do we have to lose?
Why are you still posting? there is no one hear listening to your crap anymore! Put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer! It will be ok, you can do this!

Tony Q

Why are you still posting? there is no one hear listening to your crap anymore! Put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer! It will be ok, you can do this!
Look at the replies and views. I think they are listening. And as far as drugs go, I drink scotch.

Whaaaaaa

Benben, if I took off every Tuesday this year, would I still be a M-friend driver? Yes, I would. Do you think I would not be counted since I didn’t work m,t,w,t,friend every single week? I would be counted because I’m a m-friend driver. RPCDs are either M-friend or T-S.
If you were right then that would mean that the number of protected jobs would change ever week depending on how many routes they don’t put in each Monday.
I think it is definitely the amount of RPCD drivers that are m-friend drivers even if they don’t work all five of those days every week. Now, maybe they should make it a little more clearer in the language.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Benben, if I took off every Tuesday this year, would I still be a M-friend driver? Yes, I would. Do you think I would not be counted since I didn’t work m,t,w,t,friend every single week? I would be counted because I’m a m-friend driver. RPCDs are either M-friend or T-S.
If you were right then that would mean that the number of protected jobs would change ever week depending on how many routes they don’t put in each Monday.
I think it is definitely the amount of RPCD drivers that are m-friend drivers even if they don’t work all five of those days every week. Now, maybe they should make it a little more clearer in the language.

Please do not kid yourself or be naive! The proposal specifically says the number of protected job positions are to be based on the number of M-friend drivers who actually worked on Monday as of on Aug 1st! If a driver is not scheduled Aug 1st. Then his/her job will not be counted in the number. There is no other possible reason why those words are intentionally put there! Another section says the 25% is based upon all the RPCD's and does not limit it to only the M-friend drivers.

There are two and only two possible reasons for this;

1. the company plans on limiting the number of protected higher paid jobs
2. The Union is so incompetent that they have no idea what the difference is.

Which of the two do you think happened?

Doubleparkedrunner

I think what most union members seem to gloss over is the thought of UPS choosing the most disingenuous, illogical scenario of the many you just mentioned as long as it benefits them.

It doesn't matter whatsoever what you or I think is the logical choice of how to interpret the color of the sky, what the word
" is" means ,or even the debate of water being wet. They will undoubtedly decide what works best for them in their world and then just tell you , " that's the way it is, deal with it " .

Stop being logical and GET IT IN WRITING !
...or , you will be abused.

browned out

UPS will cut as many routes as possible on the 1st Monday of this new agreement. UPS will do this in order to minimalize the number of RPCDs jobs that have to be protected.

UPS has already implemented a dry run on how they will exploit this to the fullest extent.

The idea is to upgrade as much Next Day Air 2nd day air and 3 Day select as possible to the Saturday prior to the first Monday that counts for protected jobs.

This upgrading and pushing forward of the air to Saturday will allow UPS to cut further routes on the first Monday of the new contract.

The language could easily be cleaned up.

this is a definite vote no

browned out

And the buildings that are already running Saturday ground will be hammered the saturday before that Monday so as UPS can cut as many routes as possible on Monday.

Ask your business agent or union rep what the number of protected jobs would be based on the numbers in your Center for the current week or past week. See if they answer that question. Ask them how many protected jobs there would be if this was implemented now already?

Whaaaaaa

Benben, the contract does not specifically that a driver had to work the first Monday to be counted as protected.
It ‘specifically’ says that all of the RPCDs that are working a m-friend schedule, as of Aug 1st, will be counted. It absolutely does not specify ‘Monday’. It says M-friend. Again, if you were right then that would mean if you didn’t work that first Tues, Wed, Thurs, or Fri then you would be counted as a protected jobs. That’s absurd (no offense).
If fact, furthermore, it specifically says that if a center does start Sat or Sun delivery before Aug 1st, then the total number of RPCDs in existance in that building will be protected; meaning the m-friend drivers and the t-s drivers will be included.
The language ‘states’ and ‘means’ that only m-friend drivers, and not t-s or w-s drivers, will be protected.