Union Leadership- Huge Nads!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
6023215D-43CE-484D-9DAB-19E6A719DB6E.gif
How about...you read the language?

All existing regular full-time package car drivers (RPCD) shall be considered RPCD drivers for the purpose of this Section.
The number of 22.4 combination drivers shall not exceed twenty-five (25%) of the total number of RPCDs in the building.

The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule in each building, shall be verified and agreed to by
each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative, as of August 1, 2018 and shall be protected jobs. “Protected jobs” shall
include RPCDs that will continue to be replaced by employees covered under Article 41, Section 2

I have been an active steward and a committee man both as a part timer and full timer. I am all too familiar with the workings of UPS mgmt. and the local union in our area which is a very large local and joint council area. This language is not vague; it is clear cut and not open to interpretation. The 25% is determined by the total # of RPCDs and the total # of protected jobs is based off only those current FT package car drivers that work M-friend.

No matter what is said at the union meeting; this language does not change. Unless the master is voted down.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
@Benben
With all due respect;
The contract hasn't been ratified by the membership yet.
We haven't even seen the supplements yet.
All this speculation.... is just an exercise in futility.... at this point.
-Bug-

I understand, but you have to start somewhere. That start was when they released the master. If we wait until getting the supplements :censored2: will get missed, overlooked and obscured.

Being prepared when everything is on the table is the only way to truly understand everything in front of us. Leaving it all to the last minute is not being prepared!

I know you can respect that!