United Way Intimidation

Christmas

Well actually on this subject I seriously waited a long time before turning mine back in on what I wanted to do and the consequences that could come along with it. Needless to say, I stuck with my gut feeling. I’m sure something will happen to me now over this. They want to take your money anyway they can. Fire you and you give it away it’s a win win. Ups probably gets a big kick back off of it too. Why they push it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well actually on this subject I seriously waited a long time before turning mine back in on what I wanted to do and the consequences that could come along with it. Needless to say, I stuck with my gut feeling. I’m sure something will happen to me now over this. They want to take your money anyway they can. Fire you and you give it away it’s a win win. Ups probably gets a big kick back off of it too. Why they push it.

Not sure what you are talking about here. Maybe when you sober up you can try again. :wink2:

browned out

I would give to the United Way or the charity of my choice on my own through channels other than UPS. This company doesn't care if you miss your kids baseball game but wants you to give (in UPS name and credit ) so someone else can buy their kid a glove. UPS does not care if you miss dinner or quality time with your family.

Why should we make UPS look better than they really are.

Give to charities; just give on your own.

tieguy

Banned
This fits me so I will give you my view. I stopped giving to United Way when I was part time and their president stole all that money. I am still in the union.

I view the union as corrupt but they will still represent me even if I am not a member so in my view my best course was to retain my membership to use my vote to try and vote corruption out.

If I donate to United Way I had no say in how they ran their organization. I also feel that I could do a better job my my time and money by picking charities myself to donate time and money to.

thats your choice . I do think the application of that judgement tends to be less critical towards the teamsters who have a mu.ch more corrupt history then united way.

To your other point you can give directly to whatever charity you choose through united way. With the teamsters you really have no say how they spend your money. When your BA goes to a panel where does he spend your money? For some reason the BA going to the finer resturants and drinking your expense money does not draw any scrutiny or crys of outrage.

av8torntn

thats your choice . I do think the application of that judgement tends to be less critical towards the teamsters who have a mu.ch more corrupt history then united way.

To your other point you can give directly to whatever charity you choose through united way. With the teamsters you really have no say how they spend your money. When your BA goes to a panel where does he spend your money? For some reason the BA going to the finer resturants and drinking your expense money does not draw any scrutiny or crys of outrage.

I kind of think that is the point it should be our choice.

I'll be honest I do not care that my BA ate at Hooters during the last panel which he supposedly did. As a shareholder of UPS I would not sell my shares because of where some manager ate his lunch while on company travel and I kind of view it the same way. As long as it falls within the rules I'm OK I was thinking of more illegal activity and just outright blatant corruption and yes both organizations have had their share. I was not going to bring up how inefficient I view United Way to be because in a way you could find inefficiencies in everything.