United Way

Big Rigger

I always like when this subject comes up....

I gave to a youth facility and at the end of the year they sent me a receipt for half the money I gave. I checked into it and UW kept the other half. I was done.
So, the next year the center manager called me into his office twice to see if I would give again and after the second time I filed harassment on him. That was the last time I was asked twice to donate.
Quit pressuring the employee's to give to your charity. I came to make money not give it away and especially to the ones that stole half of it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I gave to a youth facility and at the end of the year they sent me a receipt for half the money I gave. I checked into it and UW kept the other half. I was done.
So, the next year the center manager called me into his office twice to see if I would give again and after the second time I filed harassment on him. That was the last time I was asked twice to donate.
Quit pressuring the employee's to give to your charity. I came to make money not give it away and especially to the ones that stole half of it.

More than likely gave the missing half to Planned Parenthood or BLM...

Big Rigger

More than likely gave the missing half to Planned Parenthood or BLM...
Who knows. Why do they think they have the right to bring you into the office and make employees feel pressured to give? They've done it for years in our building. Pass the forms out and let the employee decide without bringing them into the office and making it personal.

This is wrong.

It's as bad as the church ushers passing the offering plate down each row during the Church service imo. The single mom whose husband left her, has three children, and nothing left over to give has to feel humiliation because she passes the plate while putting nothing in it and in her mind everyone watches.
The Church should put a box on a wall and let those who want to give money use it instead of making it a big ceremony for all to see who gives and who doesn't.

It is wrong for anyone to feel pressured to give money when they can't or don't want to and when your employer can just make the opportunity known but then chooses to make giving to THEIR charity seem like a condition of working there psychologically it is garbage.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
During our daily PCM they have been harping that we have been over allowed leaving the building/geofence. Saying we have 10 minutes to get past the geofence after start time. Today they spent 15 minutes during PCM on how important our United Way giving is. Even had a guest speaker.

👊👦
ezgif-2-7507f4a7f3f2.gif
Ye old 10 minute am time. It's like a sitcom catch phrase.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
My center manager is pushing United Way hard. Talking about tax credits and how amazing they are and how it’s affected them personally in SO many ways. Three guest speakers while preload is still trying to wrap.

hard no from me every year.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Any “charity” that effects your management’s bonus, and directly benefits your parking situation SIMPLY based off of how much you donate is not in your best interest.

I’ve always wondered what those charity signs at the front of the employee parking lot meant. Literally front row spots next to the handicap ones while us peasants walk half a mile to the guard shack. Ha! Makes UW even more of a joke to me.

Next they’ll ask you fools to hook up to an E-meter and hail Xenu to wash your sins away based on how much you are willing to “donate” to the cause.

Last edited:

Big Rigger

Any “charity” that effects your management’s bonus, and directly benefits your parking situation SIMPLY based off of how much you donate is not in your best interest.

I’ve always wondered what those charity signs at the front of the employee parking lot meant. Literally front row spots next to the handicap ones while us peasants walk half a mile to the guard shack. Ha! Makes UW even more of a joke to me.

Next they’ll ask you fools to hook up to an E-meter and hail Xenu to wash your sins away based on how much you are willing to “donate” to the cause.
If they got 2% participation from the bargaining unit every year they'd probably discontinue it. Unfortunately the sheep mindlessly follow in line and validate the effort just to get them off their back.

But hey, if someone showed me the value of giving to worthy causes thru UW and they didn't steal, I mean divert half of my gift away from the recipient I felt was a truly worthy cause I would gladly give some money but after the rip off I got I was done.
I'm sure the Teamsters have avenues to help people but they didn't shove it down my throat.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
@MECH-lift gives bottles of waters to kids on my route , just so they don’t try to hold onto the back of my truck and milkbones to dogs so they don’t bite me...WORK SMART NOT HARD
✊🧔

ManInBrown

Don’t ever give United Way a penny either on your own, or thru UPS. Worst charity by a mile to donate to. And why the friend would I need to donate money in partnership with UPS? I usually donate between $500 and $1000 a year on my own. The reason they badger drivers is because if they don’t meet a certain quota of donation from their workgroup, they have to donate extra out of their own pocket.