United Way

oldngray

nowhere special
"You want I leave all this work to go to a sales presentation?"
"Or, do you want I get the work done to avoid service failures?"
One time they made me break off my route to go to a charity place United Way sales pitch. It was on the clock so I didn't mind. Other than they promised to cover part of my route to make time for it but of course they didn't. It was because I didn't give and they wanted to pressure me. Didn't work.

Drink Craft Beer

"No thank you!"
"Why not?"
"My personal preference not to"
"You want I stand here and get paid to chat, or get to work?"
My preload is small, so the supe just walks around during the shift asking if you want to donate. Been a while since an actual spokesman came in before the shift spewing their B.S.

542thruNthru

Does Michelob Ultra Light count?
181c8005964cf624ba42522fcb8dc990.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Dunno why this is a big deal. Fill in the box “I choose not to donate at this time” sign your name, go to work.

Hate to see how you guys do when the pressure to come to work by your management vs standing with your brothers on a picket line.

Porknado

Dunno why this is a big deal. Fill in the box “I choose not to donate at this time” sign your name, go to work.

Hate to see how you guys do when the pressure to come to work by your management vs standing with your brothers on a picket line.
Filling in their conveniently preprinted form that just so happens to have your name and employee number on it is still participating. I decline to participate, just as if a solicitor (pick your favorite) came to my residence and asked me to do same.

As to a strike, if the time comes I’ll be there with my sign.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Filling in their conveniently preprinted form that just so happens to have your name and employee number on it is still participating. I decline to participate, just as if a solicitor (pick your favorite) came to my residence and asked me to do same.

As to a strike, if the time comes I’ll be there with my sign.
Good to hear, preprinted or not, I DGAF, much like the rest of their reports with my name on them. It’s another metric they are judged on, not me, as such, not my problem.

As for standing on the picket line, glad to have you standing tall instead of worrying about these little things.

CentralSup

I never donated when I was hourly, and I have never donated being a PT Sup and I have never donated as a FT Sup.

Yeah I get the emails about how they'd like me to reconsider, and I used to have one on one discussions with the center manager about why I'm not donating at the leadership level like all the other management team is, but after the 2nd year of not budging he doesn't even ask me about it anymore.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

So what is the deal with this charity? I know UPS doesn't give a * about anything unless it has to do with profits. Do they use it as a tax write off?
Supervisors get rewards from corporate for getting as many donations as they can. I had a supervisor threaten me with scheduling shifts if I didn’t sign up when I was a newer cover driver.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Telling me someone or other "talked to you" about giving is not proof
How exactly would that work on an internet message board? You want him to download a voice recording of him talking to someone at work about the subject that he recorded on his phone? Maybe upload a video he made with his phone of a private conversations to YouTube then share it on Browncafe?
9f75604f6b67dac411353a164b7dfc10.gif

Ridiculous, simply ridiculous