Upcoming contract

87brown

ROD Great post hiring 10 and 12-year-olds seriously has nothing to do with the original post but let's see I challenge you to put up what do you think will happen and what I think will happen and let's see who wins game on little boy

Non sequitur

I am not in management I'm just hoping this is realistic everybody seems to see what UPS makes and they feel they're entitled to it my point is company can hire people off the street for $25 an hour with no benefits and they would be lines out the door yes it is physical and yes we lose a lot of family time holidays etc. but when you think about it there's a lot of other labor jobs that are tougher than this and don't receive half the compensation we do
You must be a new driver put 20 + years on your body and then tell me how hard it is to get to the finish line. You sound like an as-hole dude. Hashtag no clue

Over 70

What's most important in this upcoming contract keep it on topic and realistic

I'm thinking two tier pay system for new drivers no more retirement 401(k) match

Also look for the company to back out of the agreement to pick up the shortfall on the central states health and welfare

Which in my humble opinion UPS shouldn't pay the Teamsters anymore ( remember UPS already paid them why should they have to give them more money)

Keep in mind we must be realistic any body can do this job off the street now with the addition of Orion we strike it will be nothing like 97 the company is crippled they said they would never be caught with your pants down again just saying

Please go away

87brown

Nope I am not a newbie I Have 30 years in started don't care if you believe me or not I just know this it's a shame that the Teamsters and the central states pension fund now was going to go belly up pretty much kicking all of the retirees to the curb because you can rest a sure in this upcoming contract they're going to be forgotten about and UPS will not I repeat will not make up the shortfall the Teamsters let us down

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have fun following ORION when you don't know where you're going. Bad enough if you do know where. What an ultra maroon!
It doesn't matter one :censored2:tola about Orion....nobody will want to do the constant lifting and other bs associated with package car driving...fact. It would be as or worse as 97'...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
ROD Great post hiring 10 and 12-year-olds seriously has nothing to do with the original post but let's see I challenge you to put up what do you think will happen and what I think will happen and let's see who wins game on little boy
Little boy...lmao... rods older than the hills pal....that's no way to talk to your elders!!!!

87brown

You are so sadly mistaken how many times do people come up and ask you where they can get a job with this company they pay very well you are compensated greatly for what you do yes you give up a lot but most people would do whatever they could to get this job and that's a fact so go ahead and pull out your strike signs and let Orion take your job because anybody off the street can do the job I'm not being mean I'm just being honest I am concerned but I prepared if in the event the strike does happen I have a back up plan

87brown

And I will tell you a lot of the people getting ready to retire are waiting for this upcoming contract because they are concerned that the Teamsters will throw them under the bus and that their retirement go belly up look at what they did they were trying to reduce the payments and Congress kick them to the curb then the union acted like Congress was Trying to take their pension away and they had nothing to do it that they were playing both sides of the fence that's crooked I don't trust them

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Nope I am not a newbie I Have 30 years in started don't care if you believe me or not I just know this it's a shame that the Teamsters and the central states pension fund now was going to go belly up pretty much kicking all of the retirees to the curb because you can rest a sure in this upcoming contract they're going to be forgotten about and UPS will not I repeat will not make up the shortfall the Teamsters let us down
You should focus on learning how the pension works.

anHOURover

You should focus on learning how the pension works.
We all know how the pension works.
Ups pays out the rear end
The teamsters steal all the $ and are left with pennies to pay the members
FACT
"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas "
The poor central states retirees
ITS FAILING AND YOUR KIND IS BLIND TO IT
FACT

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are so sadly mistaken how many times do people come up and ask you where they can get a job with this company they pay very well you are compensated greatly for what you do yes you give up a lot but most people would do whatever they could to get this job and that's a fact so go ahead and pull out your strike signs and let Orion take your job because anybody off the street can do the job I'm not being mean I'm just being honest I am concerned but I prepared if in the event the strike does happen I have a back up plan

I do hope that this "back up plan" includes punctuation and the proper use of sentence structure.

Non sequitur

That's a commentary on the said state of the American job market since all the bad free trade deals. If I could start out a plumber, electrician, carpenter , etc making same or similar money I would choose a trade. Similar demographic for all skilled/semiskilled workers. Every company is looking is vying for the same employee. Can you say labor shortage.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We all know how the pension works.
Ups pays out the rear end
The teamsters steal all the $ and are left with pennies to pay the members
FACT
"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas "
The poor central states retirees
ITS FAILING AND YOUR KIND IS BLIND TO IT
FACT
Like I said, not all teamsters are dumb but you are an exception.

brownelf

Retired in January 2017 after researching all the FACTS regarding the CSPF, in spite of all the doom and gloom guys like 87brown who are sticking around a few more years. Why? Because the money I'm receiving from the CSPF is a part of my financial plan and losing a portion of it in a worst case scenario can easily be replaced if needed. After working for 30 yrs at UPS you should have a lot more than a pension benefit to rely on in retirement. And even 87brown or anhourover can't blame that on the teamsters.

87brown

In response to the brown elf I guess you're right when you work for UPS and you have A contract with the Teamsters union and it says you are eligible to retire after 25 or 30 years with a pension I guess I shouldn't depend upon it even though UPS pays that money to the Teamsters to give to me and/or members I guess I shouldn't rely on what the teamster say I guess you got me I'm the sucker The teamster stalled it that's all I got to say they are set to screw their own members remember this thread UPS retirees will lose their pension in the central states pension fund and it's coming your way to other pension funds trust me on that

87brown

No pension fund situation should be stopped in the company should offer 401(k) match so you are in control of it having someone else in control of your future totally stinks you sign a contract with the union they're supposed to make sure that it's taken care of and they let us down. Fact in the discussion that argument cannot be broken and trust me the retirees now will end up losing your pension how was the conspiracy Guy when the strike happened and telling everyone it was about the pension not unfair labor practice is and over 70 pounds they screwed us all and everyone still believes him if you believe with the union says you're the sheep do your own homework it's unfortunate but we are going to pay the price