Upcoming contract

87brown

I can only imagine what would happen if UPS decided to shortfall and not pay the proper wage or not pay the health benefits would you be so easy-going and then I'm afraid not it's just amazing how the Teamsters get a pass they are the thieves

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I can only imagine what would happen if UPS decided to shortfall and not pay the proper wage or not pay the health benefits would you be so easy-going and then I'm afraid not it's just amazing how the Teamsters get a pass they are the thieves
Do you really think UPS hands Hoffa a bunch of cash and says "Here, do something with this."? And do you think Hoffa sits in front of 3 stock market screens thinking "Well if I pull money out of Apple and buy some penny stocks things should turn around."?
What do you do at UPS btw?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No pension fund situation should be stopped in the company should offer 401(k) match so you are in control of it having someone else in control of your future totally stinks you sign a contract with the union they're supposed to make sure that it's taken care of and they let us down. Fact in the discussion that argument cannot be broken and trust me the retirees now will end up losing your pension how was the conspiracy Guy when the strike happened and telling everyone it was about the pension not unfair labor practice is and over 70 pounds they screwed us all and everyone still believes him if you believe with the union says you're the sheep do your own homework it's unfortunate but we are going to pay the price

I am really having a hard time trying to figure out WTF you are babbling about.

rod

Retired 22 years
ROD Great post hiring 10 and 12-year-olds seriously has nothing to do with the original post but let's see I challenge you to put up what do you think will happen and what I think will happen and let's see who wins game on little boy

"What happens" will depend entirely on how organized the employees are and how serious they want to better themselves and to maintain AT LEAST what was fought for and won by those who preceded them. You apparently have already bent over and grabbed your ankles and are willing to surrender to the big UPS "D". If you want my prediction from what I read on here-- the company has already won---little boy-bent over.

LeadBelly

Banned
I am not in management I'm just hoping this is realistic everybody seems to see what UPS makes and they feel they're entitled to it my point is company can hire people off the street for $25 an hour with no benefits and they would be lines out the door yes it is physical and yes we lose a lot of family time holidays etc. but when you think about it there's a lot of other labor jobs that are tougher than this and don't receive half the compensation we do
@Major English

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I am concerned but I prepared if in the event the strike does happen I have a back up plan
Does it involve your SCAB disguise.
85618694.jpg

bumped

You are so sadly mistaken how many times do people come up and ask you where they can get a job with this company they pay very well you are compensated greatly for what you do yes you give up a lot but most people would do whatever they could to get this job and that's a fact so go ahead and pull out your strike signs and let Orion take your job because anybody off the street can do the job I'm not being mean I'm just being honest I am concerned but I prepared if in the event the strike does happen I have a back up plan

Can you send "anybody" to my building, because 8 of the last 10 applicants quit in the first 2 weeks. We are already down to people with less than a year of part time for full time driving jobs.

bumped

To clarify, there is not a labor shortage but rather there is a shortage of skilled labor. Manufacturing jobs remain unfilled due to a lack of qualified people to fill them.

There is not a labor shortage nor a shortage of skilled labor. There is a wage shortage as people don't want to do the skilled labor for the shortage of wage.

10 Pt

You are so sadly mistaken how many times do people come up and ask you where they can get a job with this company they pay very well you are compensated greatly for what you do yes you give up a lot but most people would do whatever they could to get this job and that's a fact so go ahead and pull out your strike signs and let Orion take your job because anybody off the street can do the job I'm not being mean I'm just being honest I am concerned but I prepared if in the event the strike does happen I have a back up plan
Hey Einstein, if "anyone" can do this job then why does the company have a 30 day qualification period. Then they should just promote by seniority and skip the qualification period? Right troll?

Last edited by a moderator:

10 Pt

Which in my humble opinion UPS shouldn't pay the Teamsters anymore ( remember UPS already paid them why should they have to give them more money)
Why would you say this if you're not management?
"UPS shouldn't pay the Teamsters anymore..." blah blah blah.
You from Atlanta?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is not a labor shortage nor a shortage of skilled labor. There is a wage shortage as people don't want to do the skilled labor for the shortage of wage.

False.

We have manufacturing firms locally offering very competitive wages still unable to fill vacancies due to the lack of qualified applicants.

Non sequitur

A 401k right. From a company that is always trying to pull $ bills outof your pocket. A company only has 2 jobs, grow sales and cut costs. Unfortunately you are the costs. We have no guarantees in life, but how are you supposed to project your retirement 401k deductions when management's job is to cut costs (your pay/hours)?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
A 401k right. From a company that is always trying to pull $ bills outof your pocket. A company only has 2 jobs, grow sales and cut costs. Unfortunately you are the costs. We have no guarantees in life, but how are you supposed to project your retirement 401k deductions when management's job is to cut costs (your pay/hours)?
Do you know a lot about 401k?