UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I just can't understand how people like you can be the way they are. People just want a decent future for their families. Why would you take such joy and dedicate so much time to harass people about that?

He's a confirmed fraud, don't let anything he says bother you, that's what he's after.

browned out

you are a scab -

Not
44% is probably one of the higher turnouts they have gotten. PTers traditionally don't vote yet make up roughly 65% of the employees. To blame turnout is misguided. Should any previous contract been ratified by that rational, since I'm sure none of the ones that were approved had 50% turnout.
The union should work for the majority regardless. The turnout is pathetic but has never been high and never will be, especially once this is imposed.

Can anyone dig up our past voter % from 1997, 2003, 2008 & 2013? I might have a contract year wrong but you get the idea. The last 4 contracts voter percentage of total teamster ground workforce and No vote %

Superteeth2478

“We are disappointed the small package and freight tentative agreements were not ratified, as well as the supplemental agreements that cover our local workers," UPS said in a statement. "The Teamsters’ negotiating committee and UPS developed fair agreements that reward UPS employees for their contributions to the company’s success, including improved wages, benefits and job creation. A contract extension is in place, and UPS expects to operate on a business-as-usual basis. UPS will meet with Teamsters leadership in the near future to discuss next steps.”

Sounds like ups wants to renegotiate, the Teamsters want to push it through lmao, you can’t make this stuff up.
Well :censored2:, check on UPSers.com again...they changed their tune in line with what UPSRising is saying now...no talk any more of what you quoted...I hope someone screencapped what was on UPSers.com beforehand, because it could prove useful in the future...

JustDeliverIt

Can anyone dig up our past voter % from 1997, 2003, 2008 & 2013? I might have a contract year wrong but you get the idea. The last 4 contracts voter percentage of total teamster ground workforce and No vote %

The only thing I could find was the 2013 votes. 34,307 - Yes 30,202 - No
Not sure how many were eligible or what the percentages work out to be.

SameRightsForAll

This election had a record turnout... don't throw this 44% crap at us at 11:30pm after UPS has already announced at 8PM the contract was rejected, voted down. Something smells like a rat here.

Superteeth2478

This election had a record turnout... don't throw this 44% crap at us at 11:30pm after UPS has already announced at 8PM the contract was rejected, voted down. Something smells like a rat here.
Please God tell me someone screencapped that from UPSers.com...surely if it was deemed to be the "final offer" the Teamsters would have let UPS know. And yet after less than 50% turnout and a majority of the 44% voting the contract down UPS considered the contract to have been rejected and planned on continuing to negotiate. Clearly UPS didn't see it as a final offer. The only reason the Teamsters are seeing it as such is to impose it based on low turnout. That has to be a board charge.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Please God tell me someone screencapped that from UPSers.com...surely if it was deemed to be the "final offer" the Teamsters would have let UPS know. And yet after less than 50% turnout and a majority of the 44% voting the contract down UPS considered the contract to have been rejected and planned on continuing to negotiate. Clearly UPS didn't see it as a final offer. The only reason the Teamsters are seeing it as such is to impose it based on low turnout. That has to be a board charge.
Don't you think the teamsters WOULD LET THEIR OWN MEMEBERS KNOW IT WAS A FINAL OFFER!!!!!!

Good lord our union is a cluster.

can you share the link in your history of when you were on the page?

davidix

This wasn't the final offer they cannot impose the contract on us.

The final offer was never mentioned..not once.

The members never thought this was the final offer.