UPS shutting down 138 hubs nationwide

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I would call your Business Agent at Local 728. I imagine if what you are saying is true, Feeder drivers would be able to follow their routes to another building. I would guess Tifton Hub might be turning into Tifton Center and the package routes would stay there. I have high friends in P-Dale that let me know what is going on and I've heard nothing about this. I have heard rumors of a new building going up between Griffin and Macon, maybe the Forsyth area.
I can’t call package operations in Tifton. What I can call is Tifton runs in feeders are top seniority runs. If Tifton was shutting down, I would have heard of it.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
1.3-1.5M every night of the week through worldport. pre pandemic was 800-900K
This is Apples to oranges. Worldport is the largest air operation in the in the world when it comes to UPS. My hub is top 10 in the nation and we don’t touch those numbers even close until peak.

upser2020

The hub I'm at building probably averages 200k on twilight(the busiest) and maybe another 200 combined day night and preload(non peak)

TTLS1

This is Apples to oranges. Worldport is the largest air operation in the in the world when it comes to UPS. My hub is top 10 in the nation and we don’t touch those numbers even close until peak.
I get this is worldport, im saying the volume is still extremely high, maybe not nationwide but we are moving a lot of packages still.

rod

Retired 22 years
There is a town halfway between mine and the next center south of me (60 miles). Three times they have moved which Center gets stuck with it. It probably involves 8-10 drivers depending on the season.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is a town halfway between mine and the next center south of me (60 miles). Three times they have moved which Center gets stuck with it. It probably involves 8-10 drivers depending on the season.
We had 2 or 3 routes that kept getting moved around but the other building was only about 30 miles away. The drivers had the option of following their routes but they didn't have to.

Unlike when UPS opened a new hub and moved 2/3 of the routes there. Only about 15 miles away but the drivers had no choice. Unless they were able to bid on a route that wasn't moving.

So UPS is driving 200 miles just to get to where you live?

We had 2 or 3 routes that kept getting moved around but the other building was only about 30 miles away. The drivers had the option of following their routes but they didn't have to.

Unlike when UPS opened a new hub and moved 2/3 of the routes there. Only about 15 miles away but the drivers had no choice. Unless they were able to bid on a route that wasn't moving.
I could live with 15 miles. We're 200 miles away from the work.