UPS shutting down 138 hubs nationwide

Cowboy Mac

The center I work at is 15 minutes from where I currently live. They are moving the work (feeder routes) 200 miles north. Maybe I don't understand the question?
I have heard of runs being moved years ago in South Texas. There was a driver in Corpus Christi, his run got moved to San Antonio so he moved and followed the work. There’s more opportunity in a larger hub, more runs to bid from. It sucks that you have to move to keep your job but I would rather be a feeder in ATL than a package driver anywhere.

rod

Retired 22 years
Years ago our small center (24 drivers at that time had 6 feeder routes out of it. Day and night Minneapolis- Day and night Fargo., ND and Day and night Bemidji,Mn. One day a new (lazy a hell) manager took over our center who made it know to corporate that he wanted nothing to do with feeders. Within a years we had ZERO feeder routes ran out of our center.

Whereistheunion

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Our hub is being shut down and 19 feeder drivers being laid off causing a chain reaction of people losing their jobs. We're not getting very clear answers on anything. Just wondering what anyone else knows?
This is the first I've heard of such, please keep us informed as the situation develops.

MetalUPSworkhorse

Yeah it's a long way. Most of us are small town South Georgia people and aren't exactly big on the idea of moving to Atlanta. Trying to stay positive about it though. The bigger thing was about the amount of hubs they told us were closing. Why would they even tell us that? No one else seems to be hearing that. The whole thing is just a little

MetalUPSworkhorse

sorry to intrude ,but i need some help/advice from any OGs drivers from Georgia .I am a 12 year pkg driver ,who's going on 18 years now with the company (6 years preload part time )In Southern California,i've went thru the trenches to earn my keep at ups since out of high school .,,Anyways ,reason i'm here .I took my family to Columbus on a vacation to visit my brother n law who is a retired airborne army vet,(he served 3 terms in iraq)something special i felt in georgia,My kids being kids playing outside with my niece and nephews sold me .I fell in love with the nieghborhood and southern hospitality.i know i can't transfer .Is it hard to get hired at ups in atlanta ?i need some honesty...i did my cover/utility years in the rough areas of south Los Angeles,now have a beautiful beach route looking at the ocean ...is there any way i can get picked up immediately since i have the training ???has anyone heard of that at all??would love any real/genuine /even bad feedback pls..

DOK

sorry to intrude ,but i need some help/advice from any OGs drivers from Georgia .I am a 12 year pkg driver ,who's going on 18 years now with the company (6 years preload part time )In Southern California,i've went thru the trenches to earn my keep at ups since out of high school .,,Anyways ,reason i'm here .I took my family to Columbus on a vacation to visit my brother n law who is a retired airborne army vet,(he served 3 terms in iraq)something special i felt in georgia,My kids being kids playing outside with my niece and nephews sold me .I fell in love with the nieghborhood and southern hospitality.i know i can't transfer .Is it hard to get hired at ups in atlanta ?i need some honesty...i did my cover/utility years in the rough areas of south Los Angeles,now have a beautiful beach route looking at the ocean ...is there any way i can get picked up immediately since i have the training ???has anyone heard of that at all??would love any real/genuine /even bad feedback pls..
Bruh, have you been paying attention? August 1st mean anything to you?

JustDeliverIt

Nothing is happening until after the contract is settled. Supposed to be new language about transferring agreed upon in it (according to the update webinars the IBT put out). Best bet is to wait and see once it has been settled.