UPS: tentative agreements were not ratified

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Ratify is informally accepting the contract but can change later.
Pass is formally accepting the contract AS-IS permanently.

Get a damn dictionary friend!

Bro, ever heard of time stamps? That was after Taylor announced they would go back to the table .... etc.. etc..

Taylor never announced they would go back to the table! He said he would see if the company is amiable to changes!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDS BEING USED!

I am guessing 46% of the voters don't agree with you.

I don't give a donkey's dick what the 46% agree with! Dennis Taylor is trying to use a part of the IBT constitution designed to prevent an all out strike to ram a POS contract, in which he was in bed with the company, down our throats! :censored2: him and :censored2: his family and neighbors!

brown_trousers

Please get your verbiage correct. The TA did not pass at all. Rather, it was ratified strictly by IBT constitutional

I wouldnt say it ratifies strictly by IBT rules. I would say that this contract ratifies by OUR own votes.

Bottom line is that we knew we needed a supermajority vote here, and we teamsters failed to vote that way. The blame is on us. We had the power to reject this contract, yet we did not.

Tony Q

No way your an agent or officer. The contract didn’t come close to passing. The word you’re looking for is “imposing”

verb (used with object), im·posed,im·pos·ing.
  1. to lay on or set as something to be borne, endured, obeyed, fulfilled, paid,etc.:to impose taxes.
  2. to put or set by or as if by authority:to impose one's personal preference on others.
  3. to obtrude or thrust (oneself, one'scompany, etc.) upon others.
When did I say I was either an officer or agent?

What are you going to do now that the master has passed and your supplement has passed?

Obviously you are a man who wants what is right. It appears that you are now, not only stuck with 22.4 drivers but Part Time Feeder drivers. Since you are such a truth seeker what will you do to expose this obvious oversight in pushing for the passage of a supplement but voting down a master?

Superteeth2478

Why should anyone in future contract voting take the time to vote?
It is quite apparent that our votes do not count when there are agendas in place.
If a 2/3 majority is needed of those votes cast, it should play both ways. 2/3 to pass 2/3 to fail.
Once part time union employees are factored out(because we all know that the majority of them do not care about contracts as they rarely make it through 2 consecutive contracts) the percentages are well above 50 %.
LOL, no they're not. Full-timers are only a little less apathetic than part-timers. Which is even sadder, because the full-timers have more vested in the company. The part-timers, with their crap pay and work since 1982, at least have more of a reason (although it's still not an excuse) to be apathetic.

Hell, it's not even necessarily because of crap pay and work, either. It's the demographics of who works part-time at UPS. Lots of college kids, lots of people who won't stay with the company anyways. Why would they vote? It won't affect them in the long run. They system is rigged as a result because of the Article XII language that's been there for a while now.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
54% of the 44% that voted. Hardly a mandate.
So your saying the people that didn’t vote should help determine the outcome for the majority? If you don’t vote, it shouldn’t influence the outcome. It’s being used as a yes vote essentially. Even UPS is confused by the IBT behavior. I actually love it! This will be a cakewalk for Sean now.

wide load

When did I say I was either an officer or agent?

What are you going to do now that the master has passed and your supplement has passed?

Obviously you are a man who wants what is right. It appears that you are now, not only stuck with 22.4 drivers but Part Time Feeder drivers. Since you are such a truth seeker what will you do to expose this obvious oversight in pushing for the passage of a supplement but voting down a master?
Simple, I’ll just produce all the past emails and correspondence I have between high ranking IBT elected officials and how they influence local elections.

Tony Q

It’s gonna happen but, timing is everything. Now isn’t the time. Be patient.
Thas what you say all the time. You have said it in the past. You are full of hot air. All talk, no substance. If you have anything, give us a taste right now. If you don’t you are just an innerwebs punk tough guy.

Put out something

wide load

Thas what you say all the time. You have said it in the past. You are full of hot air. All talk, no substance. If you have anything, give us a taste right now. If you don’t you are just an innerwebs punk tough guy.

Put out something
Lmfboooooo. Clown! Me and my people have no issue talking to IRB. Put some cash aside! God I hope Mark
is overseeing the next election!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So your saying the people that didn’t vote should help determine the outcome for the majority? If you don’t vote, it shouldn’t influence the outcome. It’s being used as a yes vote essentially. Even UPS is confused by the IBT behavior. I actually love it! This will be a cakewalk for Sean now.
If you didn't even bother to vote you're essentially saying that you're fine with whatever the IBT and UPS come up with so yeah, it might as well be a yes vote. It's definitely not a no vote.

wide load

If you didn't even bother to vote you're essentially saying that you're fine with whatever the IBT and UPS come up with so yeah, it might as well be a yes vote. It's definitely not a no vote.
Nor should it be a yes vote. You can argue the person doesn’t give an friend

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Nor should it be a yes vote. You can argue the person doesn’t give an friend
Sure, you can make that argument. But when over half the workforce "doesn't give an friend" it doesn't give the union much leverage at the bargaining table. How can you credibly threaten a work stoppage when only 24% of members rejected the contract?

a911scanner

You know, they say that roughly 60% of our workforce is part time employees.

As it stands, just a little under 60% didn't vote on the contract.

Things that make you say "hmmmm??"

Mooseknuckle

Quite the Opposite we need to fight to get everybody to be adults ans vote if anything fright showed the way on that. Yes, im aware there numbers are far far fewer than package. Still we need to learn from our past no matter how fresh or ancient. If anything this contest needs to be used as a Warning voice. We need to impress on the younger members never ever again, Next Election EVERY TEAMSTER VOTES! EVERY TEAMSTER HAS A VOICE, EACH AND EVERY TEAMSTER MATTERS, SO EVERYONE VOTES!!! Thats the lesson, thats our war cry.
They had a better turnout percentage because in freight they can't just hire a bunch of people to sway the vote. You have to have a CDL. I've never seen so many new hires, Have any of you?

Karma...

so its FT vs PT ?....make PT votes count as 1/2 of a FT vote.....also consider why PT people get the same benefits as FT ?.........look at the costs

SameRightsForAll

- Bring 22.4 number to max 10% of the route existed to relief excessive o/t but eliminate o/t to everyone
- no 2 tier wages
- 15 minimum staring wages
- no advance work from Monday to Sunday
- All ft drivers to have uniform start time

So just hours after we got the middle finger by our own union, you're wanting to get this 2023 contract on. Excuse me while I "LOL".