Ups vs. FedEx ground "hd"

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A lot more seriously than they take you because your defense of your beloved X is unfailing. Therefore outside of the most fervent Nazi nobody can be more brain washed than you.

I would call you a :censored2:, but I wouldn't want to insult those poor folks who have actually been diagnosed with MR/DD issues by comparing you to them.

STFXG

I know the corporate security rep for this area. I work with him regularly. He doesn't screw around. Keep pretending that what happens in your little corner of the world is what happens everywhere else. Some security guys will bust balls. Others won't.
Haven't been audited in 10 years. Haven't even seen a security guy in the last 5. The most they ever did was a yard check for trucks leaving and tell them to close their bulkheads. Security only gets involved if there is a theft problem or something shady going on.

It will be fine

I know the corporate security rep for this area. I work with him regularly. He doesn't screw around. Keep pretending that what happens in your little corner of the world is what happens everywhere else. Some security guys will bust balls. Others won't.
I've dealt with plenty of different corporate security reps over the years working out of multiple stations and districts. It doesn't make a difference for the consequence of the action. The driver won't be DQ'd, the contractor won't have their contract pulled. I'm not sure how you benefit from claiming otherwise beyond you enjoy arguing and being wrong.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I've dealt with plenty of different corporate security reps over the years working out of multiple stations and districts. It doesn't make a difference for the consequence of the action. The driver won't be DQ'd, the contractor won't have their contract pulled. I'm not sure how you benefit from claiming otherwise beyond you enjoy arguing and being wrong.

I readily concede that what happens in one place may not happen in another place. Why you are unable to see that same reality is baffling. Some people allow their own experiences to color how they view the rest of the entire world. I'm not one of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I readily concede that what happens in one place may not happen in another place. Why you are unable to see that same reality is baffling. Some people allow their own experiences to color how they view the rest of the entire world. I'm not one of them.

I've been all over the system, so I can speak from first-hand experience of how X works. Maybe your Security guy is Batman, but most of them aren't. They're too busy investigating rampant theft.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Liar!

Mr fedex stop your whining and leave. You are pathetic. I have mention this before ive been w express 8 years i have my own house toys etc cuz of this job as a crr. Anything is possible as long as you are disciplined. I know some stuff they say and do is not right but it beats the hell out of all friends i know. They got degrees from prestigious universities and all are doing nothing or workin odd jobs. I know an old timer makes 1250 a week net pay and he whines all the time saying 30 bucks n hour is not enough.(he likes to flaunt his paycheck) get out of here i would b more than content. So for all of you that r bitter leave n go somewhere else.!!

MAKAVELI

Mr fedex stop your whining and leave. You are pathetic. I have mention this before ive been w express 8 years i have my own house toys etc cuz of this job as a crr. Anything is possible as long as you are disciplined. I know some stuff they say and do is not right but it beats the hell out of all friends i know. They got degrees from prestigious universities and all are doing nothing or workin odd jobs. I know an old timer makes 1250 a week net pay and he whines all the time saying 30 bucks n hour is not enough.(he likes to flaunt his paycheck) get out of here i would b more than content. So for all of you that r bitter leave n go somewhere else.!!

bacha29

1314 I am happy that you freely admit that you have no college degree no real in demand skills and if you were ever to fall from the good graces of X it would be a long way to the bottom. Therefore you yourself know that you would be powerless if X were to do something that wasn't in your best interest. Your standard of living would likely fall in a dramatic manner. As a result you go to that terminal everyday hoping and praying that everything will go your way and you will serve the absolute will and power of your masters in a way that keeps you in their good graces.

vantexan

Make $18.17hr after 15 years and come talk to me then. Forget $30hr I'll gladly take $24hr and you won't hear any whining from me. Wait a minute, UpState says it's all untrue, FedEx pays us well. We've got nothing to complain about.

Yea since you know my personal life and all. Early 20s life is good. I feel bad for the ones that r miserable. Dont appreciate anything always venting always crying what a sad pathetic life.
1314 I am happy that you freely admit that you have no college degree no real in demand skills and if you were ever to fall from the good graces of X it would be a long way to the bottom. Therefore you yourself know that you would be powerless if X were to do something that wasn't in your best interest. Your standard of living would likely fall in a dramatic manner. As a result you go to that terminal everyday hoping and praying that everything will go your way and you will serve the absolute will and power of your masters in a way that keeps you in their good graces.

overflowed

Yea since you know my personal life and all. Early 20s life is good. I feel bad for the ones that r miserable. Dont appreciate anything always venting always crying what a sad pathetic life.
have you always been a courier at express?

bacha29

Yep just another X parishioner. You have worship them because with no degree or skills without your beloved company your trip to the bottom will be fast and violent .

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
As longs as those few that are in decent stations with competent managers are running it right, then let them be... just know its not a long term investment. Take those tuition reimbursements and aim for something better while you're at express...

Back to op's HD ops, i only get about 1/2 of that load, but averaging 140~160 miles on my semi rural route, takes the boxtruck home, and in the mid $700 net range. If my stop count goes above 100, i'll get extra pay.

My monthly bonus is about 1/2 yours though, so u r ahead on that, but as others have said, running that type of route will take its toll on u sooner than later with your preexisting condition.

I am one of the few that will try to follow some ups type methods, so i dont break my body down. Ive broken 5 handtruck wheels so far instead of injuring myself with a bad back, hernia, or knee...

Yep, u can get to a ft ups gig if u can follow their methods, memorize that 5 seeing habits (Smith System of safe driving) , and all that other crap about SMOG, backing, etc. Prove yourself during that off the street hire peak driving and u may be offered a ft gig. It varies greatly though depending on your area. Gotta network with the locals to find out if the ups hub has a revolving door of drivers or a long wait time to climb from package handling to driver seat.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No they don't. In 20 years my fleet has had about 6 security audits. A few were blatant fails with the bulkhead open and engine running. The consequence was nothing, a talking to from management.

I got one of those slips a month ago going to my first stop. Van was secured, turned off... came back to find a piece of paper on the wiperblade. Address, checkmark, etc.

Gave it to my subcontractor the next day. Quick look at it, nice job & was thrown into file 13. Shrugs