VOTE "YES"

PT Car Washer

Well everywhere is different. I can't speak for your area but we get plenty of good drivers from the PT ranks. Sorry to hear it's so dismal where you are.
We have used up everyone that wants to drive and are now trying to qualify the DQ 1's. Some have made it on the second try. Have not seen any 3rd try yet. The FT driving job sucks and with Saturday it sucks even more. Just put in one more route and it would be tolerable.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At the UPS meeting put on by JC42 here in the West, there was probably like 20 people. Everyone knows that we never stood a chance. We are negotiating against UPS and the IBT. Look at what happened to every leader on the negotiating committee who objected, Taylor kicked them out
If we don't stand a chance it's because of trash like you who aren't willing to stand up. Can you imagine how terrible our working conditions would be had previous generations of teamsters been as weak as you.

Stand up. Go to your local meetings on this contract. Let your BA know this agreement is totally unacceptable and it's going down harder than @MyTripisCut sister on a guy wearing Armani. Let them know they better be prepared to make some serious changes because if a few words get changed and they bring the same trash back we will send it back in flames again.

People like you make me sick.

F

Frankie's Friend

Although they might think that, I would like to see the shell of the company that once was after they have to replace 200,000 workers.

It would take them so long to replace experienced drivers with untrained newbies that the company would lose 75% of their business before they got the new drivers up to speed on all routes. They also don't have enough management in place to oversee the training of so many people at one time.

Suffice it to say that you should really consider more of the facts when you make such a grandiose statement.
"Facts" just get in the way of his pro-company rhetoric.
is just another dragon troll trying to win the Tokyo Rose award.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You aren’t getting a better deal. Stop running from ghosts.

I was simply comisserating with a brother. I do, however, keep a list of everyone who has screwed me out of $10k or more. It's longer than you might think. I'm pretty easy going though, I forget about anything under that. Don't know what I'll end up doing with the information, except not trust the people on the list, I guess.

The 22.4 was created to do the work on Saturday and protect 5 consecutive M-friend workweek schedule for RPCD's that no one wanted and now your saying you want it back the way it was.

I would have jumped at the chance to work a t-s schedule if it meant going full time sooner. How many drivers are on a t-s schedule? How many of them have actually complained? I have no idea on numbers, but I can't believe it's more than 20k on a t-s schedule, and, being generous, I'll assume that 80% are unhappy working Saturday. That means the union cares so much about those 16k drivers that they are willing to devalue the labor of all ground drivers. Makes sense to me... Or, they are just making up a scapegoat.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Thank you. I do appreciate that you guys are just trying to look out for us newbies. It's just hard because I'm so desperate for full time. Sigh....

Voting in 22.4's will prolong your quest to rpcd by years. I came from a building that had temporary cover drivers. The wait for rpcd was a couple months shy of a decade.

SoCalUPS

If we don't stand a chance it's because of trash like you who aren't willing to stand up. Can you imagine how terrible our working conditions would be had previous generations of teamsters been as weak as you.

Stand up. Go to your local meetings on this contract. Let your BA know this agreement is totally unacceptable and it's going down harder than @MyTripisCut sister on a guy wearing Armani. Let them know they better be prepared to make some serious changes because if a few words get changed and they bring the same trash back we will send it back in flames again.

People like you make me sick.
My post is sarcasm, I'm voting Efffff "NO"

You will go friend/t sooner if 22.4 gets voted in. It will take you longer to become rpcd. If 22.4 gets voted in. You part timers need to look at the long term. If 22.4's get voted in it's going to make the wait for rpcd insanely long.
The sooner she goes full time, the sooner she can retire. I took the long route. If I hadn’t, I would be eligible to retire in March.

For the long term, one has to weigh their full time pension amounts and eligible retirement date. And making $14,000 less (straight time) a year. Also weigh the strike scenario. In my center (not far from yours) a strike would almost guarantee a 7-10+ year wait to go driving.