VOTE "YES"

A 22.4 or PT can get a RPCD position. It will go to whoever has the most seniority. So if the PT loader has 10 years and the 22.4 has 8 years. The PT loader will get the RPCD position.
Exactly, the part timer already turned down a 22.4 at least once. So chances are they may turn the RPCD Job.

The part timer now will have to start their progression. The RPCD will get an immediate $6 raise if at full scale.

542thruNthru

Exactly, the part timer already turned down a 22.4 at least once. So chances are they may turn the RPCD Job.

The part timer now will have to start their progression. The RPCD will get an immediate $6 raise if at full scale.

She said 22.4 get first dibs on RPCD positions. This is not correct.

Everything else you said has nothing to do with who gets the RPCD position first.

rickyb

Brothers and Sisters, our Union either failed us or bargained the best that they could. We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything. The IBT has no strategy nor fight to continue to negotiate. For those who like the new agreement, you won. For those of us who see how this contract stinks, we lost. It's as simple as that. The IBT has started a fear and slander campaign. Fear of the unknown if you vote "No" or slander saying that those that oppose this contract are doing it for selfish reasons or for "political aspirations". To the Vote No group, we have been sold out. The Teamsters are not the same Union as years past. We need to work hard to change the direction of our Union before UPS splits into diffeeend entities and the Teamsters cease to exist there. To the Vote Yes group, you won. Congratulations. This contract will further divide all UPS Teamsters. While it may be good for you, it will destroy many things in the long run including solidarity. Truly heartbroken to know that everything I believed about my Union was all based on lies. I'm voting yes and as soon as I can, moving on to a different career.
there are parallels to voting yes and voting Hillary, and voting no and voting green

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In jc28 a vacated RPCD job are first bid by 22.4
Second by any other ft position
Third by part timers
Here, FT jobs are either bid by (1) FT or (2) PT, but never intermingled. Newly created FT jobs are 6:1? ratio to PT only, or off street; existing jobs or a/b/c bumps are FT only, with the final "c" going 6:1.

Quickdraw

:censored3: can get done if we stick together. Take for example the construction workers at the plainfield indiana hub just last week. They all walked off the job bc of terrible management. Back to work the next day and the manager in question fired. Read the article and watch a cell phone video of the incident from one of the workers there.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It's both. I am currently working to the point of collapse everyday and I'm in poverty. So what I mean is that I understand that the 22.4 position will be brutal. But I will get so much more for it than what I'm doing now

I also think it might get me into full time sooner because they will have to add a lot of weekend routes..

Without this contract it will take me 6 years to get to full time. Now they saying 2 years.

So even 5 years on 22.4 before moving up to regular driver would be wonderful for me. I can't survive my current situation 6 years.
You will go friend/t sooner if 22.4 gets voted in. It will take you longer to become rpcd. If 22.4 gets voted in. You part timers need to look at the long term. If 22.4's get voted in it's going to make the wait for rpcd insanely long.

You will go friend/t sooner if 22.4 gets voted in. It will take you longer to become rpcd. If 22.4 gets voted in. You part timers need to look at the long term. If 22.4's get voted in it's going to make the wait for rpcd insanely long.
You don’t think you will see twice as many people retiring?

Quickdraw

Why would you ever want a 22.4 job?doing the same job as a pcd who works m-friend and you would work Saturday and Sunday for less money? How can you not see the give back in that? Sure I understand going full time currently is a positive but you have to look out further then right now it makes :censored3: worse for your furture and the people behind yous furure. Ups needs weekend deliverys to happen it's just the furture of this business and they want to compete...actually they will compete whatever it takes there not gonna let FedEx or anyone else run away with weekends. Don't settle for a hamburger make them give you a steak we've all busted our backs for it.