Wages: Lets get to the facts

dezguy

Don't you love how the comedy around here just seems to write itself sometimes?

Guys making $17/hour certainly deserve to be in the ball park of what UPS is. They do the same job as topped out employees, so why are they making up to $10/hour less?

CJinx

That's his opinion. I know a lot of couriers who do more than their UPS counterparts. How does that square with what was just said? As a Social Media Shill (SMS), your assignment is to discredit anyone who flies against the company line.
You make wild, unsubstantiated claims about executives of the company as well as members of this forum and call anyone who disagrees or asks for evidence a shill. You also give career suicide advice to new members/couriers that you don't dare follow for fear of losing your job at your age and at the end of the day you jump when your manager tells you to jump. It's easy to be a tough guy on an anonymous forum but when the chips are down, you're a yes man just as much as anyone else.

HomeDelivery

Guys making $17/hour certainly deserve to be in the ball park of what UPS is. They do the same job as topped out employees, so why are they making up to $10/hour less?

even i know that they're "cutting the fat" at the bottom levels

the right thing to do is to trim it at the top, because they want to keep that stigma that goes along w/ a white collar job

seen similar things on the educational / school district level in my state; governor sets a budget cap & instead of getting some of the redundant white-collar administrators, they get rid of entry-level teachers instead

White Line

I'm in feeders and we get $.10 more per hour then package drivers. Since I pull tripples I get an extra $.85 per hour more. I do about 10% of the labor that a package driver would do. My biggest worry of the day is what station on satellite radio I want to listen to. You guys are underpaid and should be making as much as anybody else in this industry.
Quigley if it's ok to ask, are all the feeder runs paid by the hour or are some of the runs paid by the mile with the drop and hooks paid by the hour?

Quigley

So say if it's a meet and not a layover and the run is over 500 miles round trip and will go over a 8 hour day, that's overtime then right?
It doesnt matter how many miles you drive. If you go home every night then you are on hourly rate and anything after 8 hours is overtime.

5yearsleft

The employees making $17 are making $10 an hour LESS than most of their CO-WORKERS. Lets leave UPS out of this for now. After 10 years on the job, our productivity is no different than an employee who is at top of scale.

dezguy

Didn't you say they did 1/3 the work?

I do about 1/3 less stops than the UPS guy on my route but I also do twice the amount of driving. Not all routes are like mine just like not all UPS routes are like his. As stated, there are some Express routes that are busier than our UPS counterparts. No one in this section of the website is looking to be paid the same rate as UPS but we should be within $5/hour of what they make.

whenIgetthere

I do about 1/3 less stops than the UPS guy on my route but I also do twice the amount of driving. Not all routes are like mine just like not all UPS routes are like his. As stated, there are some Express routes that are busier than our UPS counterparts. No one in this section of the website is looking to be paid the same rate as UPS but we should be within $5/hour of what they make.

At this point, I'd settle for being within $5/hr of the topped out employees that I work with at Express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You make wild, unsubstantiated claims about executives of the company as well as members of this forum and call anyone who disagrees or asks for evidence a shill. You also give career suicide advice to new members/couriers that you don't dare follow for fear of losing your job at your age and at the end of the day you jump when your manager tells you to jump. It's easy to be a tough guy on an anonymous forum but when the chips are down, you're a yes man just as much as anyone else.

Look-up how much our execs make, and also check out how much stock they've sold. Then, come back here and tell me my claims are "wild and unsubstantiated". Dano is a company plant...plain and simple. Sorry you cannot figure that out. And I absolutely DO advise younger employee to quit and not make the same mistake I did by staying. I have been around long enough to know exactly what to do and not do. I don't "jump". I walk...at a regular pace. Management knows not to screw with me because I'm smart enough to have documented everything necessary to protect myself. And I'm no yes man to anyone.

jalnar

Just starting a thread to get the word out for people that are trolling this site for advice or what to expect at FedEx. I know don't put your exact pay or years of service because yes I'm sure management is looking at this site. This should be interesting to say the least. Ground drivers put your per hour rate or daily rate with your avg hours per day.

I'll start. $15.50 with 7-9 years of service at express. That amounts to $32,240 annually. You can determine if that is a livable wage or not.
you are not being paid for your work. I work at ups and will be at 33.87 on august 1 2014 and dont pay my benefits and will get 3400 a month when I retire with 30 years. We laugh at Express because you are all fools to work with such low wages

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
you are not being paid for your work. I work at ups and will be at 33.87 on august 1 2014 and dont pay my benefits and will get 3400 a month when I retire with 30 years. We laugh at Express because you are all fools to work with such low wages

We laugh at ourselves (some of us, at least).

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Most UPSrs seem to have enough class to appreciate what they've got, and are satisfied enough with their lives that they don't feel the need to laugh at the other 'fools'.....and then there are the really really small ones.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Management knows not to screw with me because I'm smart enough to have documented everything necessary to protect myself. And I'm no yes man to anyone.

If you were as smart as you'd have us believe, you wouldn't have spend nearly SIX YEARS on this forum complaining about the same thing over and over and over and over and lying.