Wages: Lets get to the facts

HomeDelivery

wait, Mr FX is lying about a company plant?

3408.ComingSoon.jpeg

#sarcasm, maybe?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
wait, Mr FX is lying about a company plant?

It was a lot of work to determine that he's lying. Normally, the two options are that he's lying or he's just stupid. Since he's always bragging about his intelligence, then we're left to question his integrity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It was a lot of work to determine that he's lying. Normally, the two options are that he's lying or he's just stupid. Since he's always bragging about his intelligence, then we're left to question his integrity.

Your lack of integrity is never in question.

vantexan

Then you shouldn't have any problem citing it. Cite it.
I knew a mgr who did that and was told by several mgrs that if you go into management and step back down to courier you'll be a topped out courier. I was told you had to be a mgr for at least a year.

59 Dano

I knew a mgr who did that and was told by several mgrs that if you go into management and step back down to courier you'll be a topped out courier. I was told you had to be a mgr for at least a year.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but I'm asking if policy says that you will be topped out if you step down to an hourly position and/or there is a required amount of time in position before that can happen. A lot of people who say "it's policy" don't know policy.

vantexan

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but I'm asking if policy says that you will be topped out if you step down to an hourly position and/or there is a required amount of time in position before that can happen. A lot of people who say "it's policy" don't know policy.
But if you weren't topped out when you went into mgmt, and became a topped out hourly when you stepped down, it has to be policy. I've had mgrs in different locations suggest that as a strategy to me when I was frustrated by the poor pay progression. And before you say why didn't I go into mgmt, I was never interested in being a mgr. My goal was, by my mid-30's, to secure a pension that would allow me to live overseas. I've seen FedEx ruin some good people in management. It's a poisoned system.

59 Dano

But if you weren't topped out when you went into mgmt, and became a topped out hourly when you stepped down, it has to be policy.

Hmmm. Why aren't dispatchers necessarily topped out when they step down?

I'll pay anyone $50, via money order to a PO box of their choosing if they can cite the policy that says you're topped out if you step down from mgmt into any hourly position.

I've had mgrs in different locations suggest that as a strategy to me when I was frustrated by the poor pay progression. And before you say why didn't I go into mgmt, I was never interested in being a mgr. My goal was, by my mid-30's, to secure a pension that would allow me to live overseas. I've seen FedEx ruin some good people in management. It's a poisoned system.

It's not that bad. People who think they know it all won't make it. People who think that managers don't do anything but sit around all day won't make it. Treat people well and most of them will respond in kind. There's always an MF with an ax to grind who is always looking for confrontation or some way to discredit his manager. As long as he is slapped into line as needed, he's not a problem.

My advice to anyone anywhere is to take advantage of opportunities. Opportunities that led to bad experiences have benefited me more than the ones that went as planned.

whenIgetthere

We had a manager who spent six months as a manager (after less than two years with the company), was downgraded when the managerial ranks were trimmed a few years ago. Became a topped out swing. He later returned to management, and thankful he did. Worst courier I have ever seen with the company.