Wages: Lets get to the facts

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hmmm. Why aren't dispatchers necessarily topped out when they step down?

I'll pay anyone $50, via money order to a PO box of their choosing if they can cite the policy that says you're topped out if you step down from mgmt into any hourly position.

It's not that bad. People who think they know it all won't make it. People who think that managers don't do anything but sit around all day won't make it. Treat people well and most of them will respond in kind. There's always an MF with an ax to grind who is always looking for confrontation or some way to discredit his manager. As long as he is slapped into line as needed, he's not a problem.

My advice to anyone anywhere is to take advantage of opportunities. Opportunities that led to bad experiences have benefited me more than the ones that went as planned.

Managers who step-down to dispatcher/RTD or any other hourly position, are all topped-out. As long as they make it through the time specified in the commitment letter.

vantexan

Hmmm. Why aren't dispatchers necessarily topped out when they step down?

I'll pay anyone $50, via money order to a PO box of their choosing if they can cite the policy that says you're topped out if you step down from mgmt into any hourly position.

It's not that bad. People who think they know it all won't make it. People who think that managers don't do anything but sit around all day won't make it. Treat people well and most of them will respond in kind. There's always an MF with an ax to grind who is always looking for confrontation or some way to discredit his manager. As long as he is slapped into line as needed, he's not a problem.

My advice to anyone anywhere is to take advantage of opportunities. Opportunities that led to bad experiences have benefited me more than the ones that went as planned.

If you say so. I worked with about 65 senior and ops mgrs over the years and saw a lot of them put through the ringer. And a lot of them deserved it. There are good opportunities and then there are dog-eat-dog BS opportunities. And the direction the company has gone in the last 20 years doesn't impress me as a good opportunity.