Wal-Mart the ugly...handing out raises FDX next?

Serf

1) Over $200 million in increased compensation, about two-thirds of which will go to hourly team members by advancing 2018 annual pay increases by six months to April 1st from the normal October date. The remainder will fund increases in performance-based incentive plans for salaried personnel.
Wait, sooooo.....step increase this April not October?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
True, but I bet most employees would prefer the one time payment. If you were familiar with the more than a decade of tiny raises or no raise you'd know what I mean by FedEx mentality.
no i get it, but you take it when you can

vantexan

no i get it, but you take it when you can
Put it this way. I quit at just shy of 15 years making $18.17 hr in 2013 while you had been making over $30hr for years. We had to work next to topped out employees making much more than us for many years and we weren't catching up to them. Much better pay system now, but FedEx went into it kicking and screaming. That's their mentality, only pay enough to keep you at it. It was a super high turnover rate that finally got them to pay better and it's still nowhere near your pay and takes almost twice as long as you do to reach top pay.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Put it this way. I quit at just shy of 15 years making $18.17 hr in 2013 while you had been making over $30hr for years. We had to work next to topped out employees making much more than us for many years and we weren't catching up to them. Much better pay system now, but FedEx went into it kicking and screaming. That's their mentality, only pay enough to keep you at it. It was a super high turnover rate that finally got them to pay better and it's still nowhere near your pay and takes almost twice as long as you do to reach top pay.
im not a driver but yea i get it

Oldfart

Just as I predicted. They give you 3% or so raise 6 months early and people still complain and find fault.

They tax a bonus higher than a raise. I will take an early raise anytime. Too bad people on here will never be happy.