NI1

First off, sorry to hear you are feeling thos way. How old are younif you don't mind? If you got 20 years under your belt then retirement is just around the corner. Hang in there, we have all felt this way. I remember transferring to a center years ago and when i transferred I transferred the week where 2 walk ins completed their 30 days. Now those guys keep using their seniority and bragging about it while doing it. But in the end i can actually retire in about 2-3 years and they have 2 decades left before they can. I do this for me and my family and i just ignore stuff like this. Yes im feeder relief too

IESucks

Considering leaving UPS.
Looking for some input here..
Im a 20+ year upser. I've been package and now feeder for almost 10yrs. Over the past couple years ive become very disgruntled. Between feeder runs being moved or eliminated all together and drivers bumping me down ive become jaded.. The very real reality of having to go back and do package after almost 10yrs of feeder is something i cant stomach. This may sound like a whoa is me moment but understand that our package dept is run by a handful of derelicts who have no clue... 180-200 stops per route with 15-20, 9.5 grievances filed per day in a building with 35-40 daily routes. For the first time ever im actually considering walking away. Anybody out there that may have some words of advice or encouragement that may help.. As a shop steward I usually have the answers but this time im just blinded... Any input will be helpful.
Nothing in my opinion is worse than working at ups. Tha last 5 years really sucked. I wanted to walk away every single day. I spent the last 5 years being careful with money so I could retire debt free and enjoy the fact I'd never have to walk in that hell hole again. I succumbed to the fact I was going to be miserable as I trudged in everyday, kept quiet and went through the motions. After 35 years I still smile as I go to sleep 2 years after retirement knowing I don't have to go in. Hang in there

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Nothing in my opinion is worse than working at ups. Tha last 5 years really sucked. I wanted to walk away every single day. I spent the last 5 years being careful with money so I could retire debt free and enjoy the fact I'd never have to walk in that hell hole again. I succumbed to the fact I was going to be miserable as I trudged in everyday, kept quiet and went through the motions. After 35 years I still smile as I go to sleep 2 years after retirement knowing I don't have to go in. Hang in there

Poor, sweet baby.

Your life must have been so miserable.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I have about 6 or 7 more to go. I right with you JC. Im at an impass...
I had been there. thought about quitting a hundred times but the family comes first with me and the thought of "letting the bastards win" kept me going and I am so GLAD I stuck it out.

over 2 years retired and loving every minute of it.

If i were you i would surround myself with positive , happy , people . read inspirational self help books . books like the Power of positive thinking, and books like that.

watch movies with the theme of never quitting like Rudy, Invincible , Shawshank kept me going......movies like that. binge watch movies and books of inspirational people.

Being a feeder driver is not too good for your physical being so maybe you should go to the gym or go for brisk walks to get those feel good endorphins going thru your body. that may also help.

I DON"T want you to quit and I bet most people here don't want you to either. You have made it this far , you can go a little further.

good luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
BC9842B1-82AC-476C-AF72-3E35E1F69414.png
I had been there. thought about quitting a hundred times but the family comes first with me and the thought of "letting the bastards win" kept me going and I am so GLAD I stuck it out.

over 2 years retired and loving every minute of it.

If i were you i would surround myself with positive , happy , people . read inspirational self help books . books like the Power of positive thinking, and books like that.

watch movies with the theme of never quitting like Rudy, Invincible , Shawshank kept me going......movies like that. binge watch movies and books of inspirational people.

Being a feeder driver is not too good for your physical being so maybe you should go to the gym or go for brisk walks to get those feel good endorphins going thru your body. that may also help.

I DON"T want you to quit and I bet most people here don't want you to either. You have made it this far , you can go a little further.

good luck.

So are you still in feeders or did you have to go back to pkg???? I know my stress level has dropped off a cliff since I'm feeders but we have hundreds of drivers so we have good opportunities....I'd stick it out...and just take the mindset of day by day,and if you get too overwhelmed you can bounce..

Hundreds of drivers, still can't make it to unload on time. Sounds legit.

Raw

Raw Member
Considering leaving UPS.
Looking for some input here..
Im a 20+ year upser. I've been package and now feeder for almost 10yrs. Over the past couple years ive become very disgruntled. Between feeder runs being moved or eliminated all together and drivers bumping me down ive become jaded.. The very real reality of having to go back and do package after almost 10yrs of feeder is something i cant stomach. This may sound like a whoa is me moment but understand that our package dept is run by a handful of derelicts who have no clue... 180-200 stops per route with 15-20, 9.5 grievances filed per day in a building with 35-40 daily routes. For the first time ever im actually considering walking away. Anybody out there that may have some words of advice or encouragement that may help.. As a shop steward I usually have the answers but this time im just blinded... Any input will be helpful.
Bye Felicia