Whackadoos Troll About Opioids

It will be fine

And the Netherlands and Switzerland have had serious problems trying that.
Decriminalization has better societal outcomes. Prohibition doesn't lower usage rates. These are facts, our public policy should reflect facts and what produces the best outcomes for society. Giving addicts a criminal record doesn't help society.

newfie

My brother was busted with a needle in his arm. Thankfully they didn’t toss him in prison but put him in a state sponsored rehab program instead. He’s been clean for a year now and working.

still an addict . initial avoidance would have been a better path

Non sequitur

New compromise law: you can grow your own but if you sell it you get a one-way ticket to be an organic poppy farmer in Afghanistan. Oh yeah and if you're denied employment tough luck

It will be fine

thank you . now you're thinking . does a user who is not an addict require the treatment you proudly proclaimed earlier...hmmm?
What point are you trying to make? Most drug users aren't addicts requiring treatment. Addicts that need treatment should have easy access to it without criminal liability. Are we on the same page?

floridays

Decriminalization has better societal outcomes. Prohibition doesn't lower usage rates. These are facts, our public policy should reflect facts and what produces the best outcomes for society. Giving addicts a criminal record doesn't help society.

You truthfully have no concern for societal outcomes, you personally want to use with no fear of criminal jeopardy. San Francisco has some of the most lenient drug policies, how is that working for society as a whole?

"Giving addicts a criminal record doesn't help society."
[/QUOTE]Giving society more addicts without a criminal record doesn't help society either. Let's just cut through the BS, you want All drugs legalized to dispose of the possibility of criminal jeopardy.

newfie

I don't think it is the business of government to declare drugs illegal.

this is where I part on the libertarian philosophy. that heroin addict becomes a threat to me and my family when he engages in criminal activity to help pay for his addiction.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
this is where I part on the libertarian philosophy. that heroin addict becomes a threat to me and my family when he engages in criminal activity to help pay for his addiction.
Hmmm ... I would think everything becomes a threat to you and your family when it engages in criminal activity that affects you?!?

Last edited:

vantexan

You are morally bankrupt. You made the comment that I would abort a child in a heartbeat. I have children and that comment is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself for making it.

Show me any instance where prohibition has worked well in preventing drug use. Show me any instance where lying to children about the actual effects of drug use works well in prevention of drug abuse. Show me any instance where saddling countless young people with criminal records for nonviolent offenses is beneficial to society. I'm advocating solutions that are proving to actually be effective. Your obviously fake moral outrage doesn't fool anyone.
Exactly what do you mean about lying to children? And fake outrage? There's a huge opioid death epidemic going on right now. We should be doing everything possible to stop that but your solution is let people do what they want to do and let them get treatment.