Whackadoos Troll About Opioids

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Opioids do seem easy to get. Between the wife, her mother and I -I bet we have 8 or ten half used prescriptions (oxycodone, hydrocodone, some morphine pills Grandpa was given when he was dying of cancer) locked up in the home safe. One of these days I'm talking them in for disposal-------------------------------------------------------------Maybe.
I'll send you my address in a message!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
ODs are from fentynl and heroin, both are illegal, both are very easy to obtain. They are easier to get than the legal prescription opioids that are regulated and controlled. Prohibition isn't working. Paying to imprison people isn't working. If your plan had any chance of success it might be convincing, but we've proven repeatedly that it doesn't.
I suggest we stop replying to V-TOS.
He is just flaming/trolling this thread with ignorant, made-up crap.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Heroin is illegal.
V-TOS asserted that the 'current opioid epidemic' are people are overdosing on legally produced opioids.

Bless his heart!
easy-rider.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i had a brother in law who like to mix pills, legal pill he got from a doctor. Will he ended up overdosing and dying. Just making the point legal prescribed pills kill you to
That is true.
There may be more people dying from prescribed drugs than illegal drugs.

vantexan

I can't figure out if V-TOS is really this ignorant or he is just trolling.
Very stupid crap though.
You need to keep up. They recently did a segment on 60 Minutes showing how pharmaceutical companies are literally flooding small towns with opioid pain killers. A Republican who was nominated for a major post in the government, can't remember which, was involved and withdrew his name for consideration after the report came out. Rural areas have been slammed with this stuff and while some may not have a problem with them many do. Heroin is a problem but not the problem it is in Europe, which is much closer to the poppy fields of Afghanistan. I thought the same thing you did until I saw the 60 Minutes report and the stats they cited.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You need to keep up. They recently did a segment on 60 Minutes showing how pharmaceutical companies are literally flooding small towns with opioid pain killers. A Republican who was nominated for a major post in the government, can't remember which, was involved and withdrew his name for consideration after the report came out. Rural areas have been slammed with this stuff and while some may not have a problem with them many do. Heroin is a problem but not the problem it is in Europe, which is much closer to the poppy fields of Afghanistan. I thought the same thing you did until I saw the 60 Minutes report and the stats they cited.
I am on top of it ... you are just making :censored2: up.
I saw the 60 minute episode.
Some ignorant posted this:
Opioid deaths aren't from the black market. Unbelievable.
Almost all opioid deaths are from black market opioids laced with fentanyl and other illegal drugs.
People may get 'hooked'/addicted to opioids from Rx drugs but the OD deaths that are occurring are from black market laced opioids whose dosage is unknown to the user.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Google opioid epidemic 60 Minutes and see for yourself. They've got a complete transcript and you can see what has caused this latest epidemic. Feel free to apologize too.
I have already posted everything that is relevant in the 60 minutes piece.
If you would bother yourself to understand what others are posting rather than trolling ignorant crap, you would not be the laughing stock in this thread.
I apologize to all the other posters in this thread for not banning you from this thread.
Free speech is painful for others but your right.

Last edited:

vantexan

I am on top of it ... you are just making :censored2: up.
I saw the 60 minute episode.
Some idiot post this:

Almost all opioid deaths are from black market opioids laced with fentanyl and other illegal drugs.
People may get 'hooked'/addicted to opioids from Rx drugs but the OD deaths that are occurring are from black market laced opioids whose dosage is unknown to the user.
Again, read the transcript. Many thousands of people got hooked on pain killers that doctors were told were safe to prescribe. Then the pharmaceutical companies set up "pain management" clinics in these areas to sell mega millions of pills without oversight because a Republican congressman working on their behalf got the DEA to look the other way. Not saying no deaths occurred because of heroin, only that this huge epidemic was actually fueled by several greedy companies. And most likely many of the people who died were seeking other ways to satisfy their addiction and turned to heroin. But the reason they were hooked to begin with wasn't the black market pushing heroin, it was major pharmaceutical companies looking to make huge profits and literally flooding towns with pills and making them cheap and easy to obtain. 60 Minutes isn't a bastion of conservatism, and they don't just throw out anything hoping it'll stick like some news outlets do.