PCLoadPackage

Do the drivers care how the preloader sets up their truck?? What are some preferences?

Supervisors keep telling us to just get everything in, doesnt matter how. But I dont wana set my drivers' day up to be :censored2:ty.
Today I was complimented by one of my drivers for how I load his truck, he said I make it easier for him to find things.

Besides the obvious things like keeping everything for a stop together and as close as possible to where the driver would expect to find it, I'd suggest that you ask your drivers what their first few stops are, and in what order. On those days when you have to cram the aisle and back end full, you'll at least be able to load those first few stops so they come out in the right order. Especially if they're big stops, that will get the driver off to a good start, and they'll have a bit of room to move/rearrange after those stops are out.

For instance, I know one of my drivers goes to MFR before RDR, so I just swap those two when I load them. Why dispatch can't figure that out, I don't know.

ManInBrown

Either get all the airs on the 1000 shelf, or leave them behind the truck. That’s the most important thing you need to do. Everything else is gravy. Nothing worse than having a crappy loader and you have to unload the entire truck in the pouring rain at 10:15 to try to find an air. It happened to me more than once.

And DO NOT LOAD LEAKERS. Something smells very strong, or the box feels damp it doesn’t get loaded.

Last edited:

Brisket

Either get all the airs on the 1000 shelf, or leave them behind the truck. That’s the most important thing you need to do. Everything else is gravy. Nothing worse than having a crappy loader and you have to unload the entire truck in the pouring rain at 10:15 to try to find an air. It happened to me more than once.

And DO NOT LOAD LEAKERS. Something smells very strong, or the box feels damp it doesn’t get loaded.

If they were trained to load properly, they would know that if the package got to them to stop the progress of the package and yell LEAKER to get the line sup . (Treat as hazardous, don’t touch leave area, notify supervisor).

UrFellowUpser

To be honest it doesn't matter to me. I always end up rearranging stuff in the truck by twelve. Even if the load is nice stuff be moving all over the place when your driving.

UrFellowUpser

Also you will now if your a good loader because the driver will byey ou some breakfast or give you cash tips from time to time. Thats how it was when i was loading trucks.

Indecisi0n

GET IT OUT THE BUILDING !

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
If you have a bunch of small NDAs, especially the little envelopes, put them in a tote box and leave them in the aisle behind the bulkhead. My new loader started doing that, especially with the ones that come down at the end from the air shuttle. It makes finding your first air stops so much easier.

Superteeth2478

Like I said, most take care of a good loader. I've heard some drivers say that it's their job and throw a $20 in a card and give it to a loader. Some drivers never worked preload and don't understand what you actually deal with on that shift. Depends on the driver, just have to hope you have ones that appreciate the job you do every day.
The drivers who say it's the preloader's job to load the truck well are the funniest. It's like, well duh it's their job to load it right, but seeing as how the supervisors don't usually care as long as it's all in the trucks by driver start time and how it's hard enough to get fresh "bodies" to load the trucks for more than a month and as a result UPS is stuck with what it gets, do they really expect any better? So go ahead and see how long a loader who cares is likely to care if they're not even appreciated by the people they help the most by loading well.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Do the drivers care how the preloader sets up their truck?? What are some preferences?

Supervisors keep telling us to just get everything in, doesnt matter how. But I dont wana set my drivers' day up to be :censored2:ty.
Today I was complimented by one of my drivers for how I load his truck, he said I make it easier for him to find things.
Get it in ! Get it in!! let's go !!! Closed your door.....with you or with out you nothing makes sense anymore!!