MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Do the drivers care how the preloader sets up their truck?? What are some preferences?

Supervisors keep telling us to just get everything in, doesnt matter how. But I dont wana set my drivers' day up to be :censored2:ty.
Today I was complimented by one of my drivers for how I load his truck, he said I make it easier for him to find things.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Do the drivers care how the preloader sets up their truck?? What are some preferences?

Supervisors keep telling us to just get everything in, doesnt matter how. But I dont wana set my drivers' day up to be :censored2:ty.
Today I was complimented by one of my drivers for how I load his truck, he said I make it easier for him to find things.
Sounds like you need another truck added to your set. They push our preloaders so hard they used to care, now they DGAF because their sups don’t.

JustDeliverIt

Supervisors don't know very much, so don't listen to them. It does matter and the closer you can load the package car to the pal label order the easier it will be for the driver to find the package when they need it.
Organize bulk on available floor space and try to keep the shelves in order the best you can. No driver expects it to be set up stop for stop by preload, but if you need a package spa'd to the 2400 section, you hope to find it between 2200 & 2700. Not 6300 cause it's the same shelf and close.
Every little bit you organize makes our day go that much better.

MarvelousMunata

Sounds like you need another truck added to your set. They push our preloaders so hard they used to care, now they DGAF because their sups don’t.
They used to give me 3 to 5 on my set easily. But in recent months they wont add more than 3. Saying jts too much for me. Fine whatever. Most ive loaded was 10 trucks (4 sets)
Idc, i do the work and i do it with care

Just put it in the right truck

We will deal with the rest

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My loader is completely terrible. He either doesn’t care or is stupid, maybe both. Either way I resort my truck around noon, stop for stop. Since they’ve lowered our dispatch the excuse there’s no shelf space doesn’t work. I’d say he’s being loaded down too much but other guys at least get the :censored2: on the right shelf, my guys barely gets it on the right truck, never mind the right shelf.

MarvelousMunata

Listen, Ive been driver helping and I wana become a driver to...eventually.
So I do care how the truck looks at the end of the morning.
I just wondered if the drivers appreciate that I care.
I rarely ever call out. So they havent seen other loaders

MarvelousMunata

My loader is completely terrible. He either doesn’t care or is stupid, maybe both. Either way I resort my truck around noon, stop for stop. Since they’ve lowered our dispatch the excuse there’s no shelf space doesn’t work. I’d say he’s being loaded down too much but other guys at least get the :censored2: on the right shelf, my guys barely gets it on the right truck, never mind the right shelf.
Ooo, is he new? I got lucky. One driver told me where he likes certain business stops. So it opened my shelf space up a bunch. Not to mention the longer you do a truck, you get to know what the usual stops are on it.

JustDeliverIt

It was 3 to 5 during the week and 6 to 10 on saturdays

I had a 3 to 4 car pull when I worked preload, anywhere from 1000 to 1400 pieces. It was a lot when it was 4 just from the distance to walk as you go back to the first truck and the cage has already passed it. 5 seems insane unless they split it into 2 different cages but still too much imo.
6 to 10 is ridiculous no matter if it's Saturday or any other day. But the more you show you can do, they more they will give you.

MarvelousMunata

I had a 3 to 4 car pull when I worked preload, anywhere from 1000 to 1400 pieces. It was a lot when it was 4 just from the distance to walk as you go back to the first truck and the cage has already passed it. 5 seems insane unless they split it into 2 different cages but still too much imo.
6 to 10 is ridiculous no matter if it's Saturday or any other day. But the more you show you can do, they more they will give you.
Yea they tell me every chance they get "you used to be a beast" and i just toll my eyes.
I almost passed out on a 7 car set during the week last summer. I got an emergency asthma pump on hand as well. All 7 trucks in one cage mind you. And more than one truck over 300 pieces

Brisket

Never loaded from cages when I was a loader, always belts and slides. They will eventually send you help, it’s ok to slow down a bit especially in the heat.

Gotta watch out for yourself.

JustDeliverIt

Listen, Ive been driver helping and I wana become a driver to...eventually.
So I do care how the truck looks at the end of the morning.
I just wondered if the drivers appreciate that I care.
I rarely ever call out. So they havent seen other loaders

Most drivers do care and appreciate a loader who puts an effort in. I recently moved to my own route on a bid but I was lucky enough before that as a cover driver to cover routes with a particular loader that was great. I'd bring him in a coffee, after prime week in July give him a gift card to get breakfast, and tip during Christmas.
Drivers talk and know who is good and who isn't. And the smart ones take care of the loaders who make their day easier.

MarvelousMunata

Never loaded from cages when I was a loader, always belts and slides. They will eventually send you help, it’s ok to slow down a bit especially in the heat.

Gotta watch out for yourself.
I heard they have belts. Idk if its easier than a cage.
Cages i climb into tho..

MarvelousMunata

Most drivers do care and appreciate a loader who puts an effort in. I recently moved to my own route on a bid but I was lucky enough before that as a cover driver to cover routes with a particular loader that was great. I'd bring him in a coffee, after prime week in July give him a gift card to get breakfast, and tip during Christmas.
Drivers talk and know who is good and who isn't. And the smart ones take care of the loaders who make their day easier.
What!?
Well peak i got a lil sumthin