What Does UPS have up its sleeves?

browned out

What big changes do you think UPS will "spring"on us out of the blue after the Contract is implemented?

Will we deliver all the UPS surepost packages?

Will the weight limit go up to 200lbs?

Or what other nuggets are in store?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I guess I gotta stop with the "small package is being used like a freight service" jokes. Too many people are taking them seriously.

P

pickup

Peak season is over for freight. This is their slow period.

I think he is right. A few years ago, we had some UPS freight guys come into our feeders dept to work during peak because it was slow on the freight side. They ended up regretting their choice because they didn’t get the overtime they thought they would get. They told me they would have been better off taking unemployment.

F

Frankie's Friend

I think he is right. A few years ago, we had some UPS freight guys come into our feeders dept to work during peak because it was slow on the freight side. They ended up regretting their choice because they didn’t get the overtime they thought they would get. They told me they would have been better off taking unemployment.
If they make full scale wages their 40 hr take home would be around $756/wk. Does unemployment pay better than that?
Is the pay scale that much lower than their normal hourly wage?
If so, that should be settled in their contract? Just wondering.

Do they have to have a punch a week to have healthcare?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

944BB7C6-A72D-4412-A663-D81ED8A47EF1.jpeg

New Article 22.5 Hybrid PVD Freight Drivers. Starting pay at $12 per hour. 8 year progression. Top rate of $18.75 per hour. 168 hour work week. No 8 hour requests. No 9.5 Protection.

RolloTony Brown Town

While non union contractors haul peak volume. Nice.

I actually inquired about freight drivers helping in feeders during their slow period, assuming the terminal has drivers laid off, and the union doesn’t allow them to. They did it in the Northeast about 10 or so years ago when UPS freight was new. I was surprised. I’d figure the union would rather have a driver that’s paying union dues as opposed to a seasonal. Apparently not.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I actually inquired about freight drivers helping in feeders during their slow period, assuming the terminal has drivers laid off, and the union doesn’t allow them to. They did it in the Northeast about 10 or so years ago when UPS freight was new. I was surprised. I’d figure the union would rather have a driver that’s paying union dues as opposed to a seasonal. Apparently not.
How could "the Union" stop a laid off driver from working as a seasonal employee....anywhere???