What Kind of Dictator Will Trump Be?

wkmac

Forget all of our constitutional checks and balances. Once Trump is in, he won't ever want to relinquish either his power or the adulation of his deplorable base. I'm in with the crowd that thinks once Trump is elected that there will be movement to re-work the election process that ensures Trump stays in power.

The GOP games being played with the NC governorship are just the tip of the iceberg. Republicans will "win" at any cost, even if it means circumventing the law(s) and/or aligning themselves with deplorables from other countries...like Putin.

Do a little research on Paul Manafort, and who he pimped for...and see what happened. Trump has bigger plans than just being President. Just like Putin, who was fairly and democratically elected by what, 90% of the "voters".

A demagogue demon who speaks with a forked tongue and has no problem creating a lie for any situation or audience.

One thing about elections I always fine most interesting is when any election sees a change in political party, the positions held by the former party in power switch to new positions that often contradict the previous positions held. Case in point?

Do most Fed Ex employees wear tin foil hats?

Bingo! Not only do positions of power change but also who is now wearing the infamous "tin foil hat." ;)

I can remember when claims were made from one side of the isle that Obama nearing the conclusion of his term in office would create a situation preventing his stepping down and thus he would remain President for life. And the thunderous retort was with tin foil hats. Seems those claims along with the hats have now jumped the political isle.

Who said Republicans and Democrats had little in common? Both love a good conspiracy theory after all.

Power Corrupts!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Look, I don't like Twitter-fingers either, but your preaching to the choir.

A free press is the bedrock of a Democracy. So far, Trump is ignoring the press, preferring to Tweet messages that reflect his "weathervane" style. No probing questions, no facts, and no answers. This is how a dictatorship begins, you people.

Trump is controlling the message, and only responding to what he feels like responding to, which is highly un-presidential, and dishonest. Where are the tax forms, and what are his answers to questions of conflicts of interest. Nothing.

A President needs to be held accountable. So far, Trump is getting a pass, and when he takes office, I doubt much will change.

You should find this troubling, but you won't.

BrownArmy

Given how the press treated him so badly during and after the election I for one see no problem here.
Why must you make one ?

Do you mean the part where they basically gave him $2 Billion in free advertising?

Other than that, I thought the press treated Donald just fine.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yes, they did do a great job of showing how all Trump supporters were nothing but racists.
All those attacks on minorities and women at Trump rallies , all the hatred , all the violence was so well reported .
The only thing that the press missed was that it was all staged for their benefit .
While at the same time over stating the number of people who attended hillary's speeches . Or neglecting to report on her illnesses.
Yes sir , they did a fine job of reporting, why it was so good that every station was repeating the same stories over & over without bothering to verify the sources .

P

pickup

A free press is the bedrock of a Democracy. So far, Trump is ignoring the press, preferring to Tweet messages that reflect his "weathervane" style. No probing questions, no facts, and no answers. This is how a dictatorship begins, you people.

Trump is controlling the message, and only responding to what he feels like responding to, which is highly un-presidential, and dishonest. Where are the tax forms, and what are his answers to questions of conflicts of interest. Nothing.

A President needs to be held accountable. So far, Trump is getting a pass, and when he takes office, I doubt much will change.

You should find this troubling, but you won't.

I just read the first amendment and I don't see anything about any elected official having to use the press or television.station to get his or her message out.

The press is still free just not free to hop a ride on Air Force one.

Edit: almost forgot.... SNOWFLAKE!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Given how the press treated him so badly during and after the election I for one see no problem here.
Why must you make one ?

The press jumped on every word Trump said, and he's estimated to have gotten between $2 and $3B in free coverage. Add-in FOX, and all of his media surrogates, who were most definitely FOR him, and he had it made.

Poor Trump. Unfair!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just read the first amendment and I don't see anything about any elected official having to use the press or television.station to get his or her message out.

The press is still free just not free to hop a ride on Air Force one.

Edit: almost forgot.... SNOWFLAKE!

You're SO smart, Shatflake. An authoritarian dictator only releases what he wants to. No need for a nosy press asking questions, is there? We have a right to know who and what we elected. How about those tax returns, Shatflake?

P

pickup

You're SO smart, Shatflake. An authoritarian dictator only releases what he wants to. No need for a nosy press asking questions, is there? We have a right to know who and what we elected. How about those tax returns, Shatflake?

Awww, the little SNOWFLAKE is upset.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A new housing bubble has started in Washington DC .
With all the rich people Trump is adding to his team , more expensive properties are hitting the market .
It's a sellers paradise .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm looking forward to 4 years of a bunch of billionaires looking out for the middle class. How dumb are people?
Well given that bho has for the last 4 years decreased the real wages for the middle class and continued a recession for many more years longer than necessary . I'd say that give them a year then come back and answer your own question .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The press jumped on every word Trump said, and he's estimated to have gotten between $2 and $3B in free coverage. Add-in FOX, and all of his media surrogates, who were most definitely FOR him, and he had it made.

Poor Trump. Unfair!!!

Trump played the media (and us) like a cheap fiddle.