What might the world be like?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You don't feel you're a hostile person. Every human being has some sort of hostile tendencies, of course not all of them bad but we have them. It's human nature.
I am not a hostile person, by choice.

I agree every person has the potential to be hostile but I choose to judge no man and to live by patience, tolerance, kindliness and love.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think its who I am and prepares them for the world. You want a cookie cutter person which would be boring.
You treat your family with impatience, intolerance, unkindliness, and hate because these are the qualities that define you?

You do this as a benefit to prepare them for the world.

Every person is completely unique and are responsible for how they choose to treat themselves and others. Nothing can change that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you can convince the Middle East to join us all in the land of goodness ,, I'm all in !
How does what the Middle East does or doesn’t do effect how you should treat those closest to you?

Every person has to be responsible for their own contribution to this planet for the time they are here.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Patience, tolerance, kindliness and love.

What might the world be like if every human being on the face of the earth made these words true and real in how they approached and treated every other human being from the one they most love to the one they most disapprove or hate?

What do you think?
Never happened in our entire existence. Never will. Have someone with substantial assets die. Watch the evil and hate among family members emerge.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Never happened in our entire existence. Never will. Have someone with substantial assets die. Watch the evil and hate among family members emerge.
Do you think individuals should treat themselves and those closest to themselves with patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Good luck fighting human nature on that.
I fight no one.

The only person of whose conduct I am responsible for is my own. This is my contribution to humanity one moment at a time.

I definitely don’t fight the potential for humans to be impatient, intolerant, unkind, and hateful however I do ask you @Wally

Do you think individuals should treat themselves and those closest to themselves with patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love?

quad decade guy

To be clear: I didn't read all the responses through 5 pages. I get the gist.

All creatures are fallible nor perfect. Nor the Universe(as we know it).

We have sentinent beings(as we understand it). And others that are considered "just a collection of cells".....

And the rest is just ....stuff......as we understand it. Or see it.

I consider humans as just part of the "food chain". We happen to be on top(such as it is) for now.

I think it would be quite natural for the human species to "go extinct". Through whatever means.......climate change, asteroid or even through Biblical references(if true and there is God).....war....whatever. Think about it: 99% or some such of previous species are extinct.

Happens to the best of em. Ok.

The OP's question is very subjective. It is hopeful....rainbows and unicorns stuff.

But....given human "nature"....not very realistic.

Anecdotal story: We enjoy feeding the birds in our backyard. We have several feeders. We have lot's of takers. We have a nice size property behind a creek. We also have all manner of wildlife passing through including feral cats. The feral cats "dine" on the birds on occasion....much to my wife's dismay. A discussion ensued about who deserved to live more....the cat or the birds. I submit both.
Feeding the birds is not natural. The cat being there is not natural. Or is it? What's the procedure?

The point is: what is "natural"? Is humans being mean and hateful to each other natural? I submit it is. In the "natural" world, there is a food chain if you will that provides a natural series of events that facilitates the circle of life(to provide a modern reference).

A long way to answer the OP's proposition.......given human nature........the human condition.....the premise is flawed to the point of being impossible to speculate. To wit: even in a barnyard full of chickens.......there is a pecking order. Humans are just that-a big ole barnyard full of chickens.

Integrity

Binge Poster
To be clear: I didn't read all the responses through 5 pages. I get the gist.

All creatures are fallible nor perfect. Nor the Universe(as we know it).

We have sentinent beings(as we understand it). And others that are considered "just a collection of cells".....

And the rest is just ....stuff......as we understand it. Or see it.

I consider humans as just part of the "food chain". We happen to be on top(such as it is) for now.

I think it would be quite natural for the human species to "go extinct". Through whatever means.......climate change, asteroid or even through Biblical references(if true and there is God).....war....whatever. Think about it: 99% or some such of previous species are extinct.

Happens to the best of em. Ok.

The OP's question is very subjective. It is hopeful....rainbows and unicorns stuff.

But....given human "nature"....not very realistic.

Anecdotal story: We enjoy feeding the birds in our backyard. We have several feeders. We have lot's of takers. We have a nice size property behind a creek. We also have all manner of wildlife passing through including feral cats. The feral cats "dine" on the birds on occasion....much to my wife's dismay. A discussion ensued about who deserved to live more....the cat or the birds. I submit both.
Feeding the birds is not natural. The cat being there is not natural. Or is it? What's the procedure?

The point is: what is "natural"? Is humans being mean and hateful to each other natural? I submit it is. In the "natural" world, there is a food chain if you will that provides a natural series of events that facilitates the circle of life(to provide a modern reference).

A long way to answer the OP's proposition.......given human nature........the human condition.....the premise is flawed to the point of being impossible to speculate. To wit: even in a barnyard full of chickens.......there is a pecking order. Humans are just that-a big ole barnyard full of chickens.
Patience, tolerance, kindliness and love.

What might the world be like if every human being on the face of the earth made these words true and real in how they approached and treated every other human being from the one they most love to the one they most disapprove or hate?

What do you think?
Thank you for you well thought out and comprehensive reply. It certainly sheds a little more light on who you are, at least here on the BC.

I always look forward to your posts.

There are many reasons why humans do what they do but I would love to know if you @quad decade guy believe the world might be a better place if humans practiced the qualities of patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love to themselves, to those they are closest to and even to those they may disagree, disapprove, or even perhaps hate?