What Part-Timers will get.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
A part timer pays union dues, makes minimum wage gets their time card shaved,if they speak up they are targeted and become an enemy treated like garbage!Deals with harrasment micro mangement retaliation by ups!!

PT Car Washer

A part timer pays union dues, makes minimum wage gets their time card shaved,if they speak up they are targeted and become an enemy treated like garbage!Deals with harrasment micro mangement retaliation by ups!!
And the harassment by the FT Union members who only think that they are the only ones that matter. Can't tell you how many times a FT coworker has told me that I have to do everything they tell to do because they are FT.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
😂 tell them to go into management
I tell that all the time to people who don’t mind their own business or get worried that I don’t work fast enough. I get paid peanuts by the hour. If they want the :censored2: out the door tell management to hire more people to spread the work. I am not dealing with liberty mutual and management’s bull:censored2: again if I can help it.

TheDudeAbides92

In talking with newer coworkers and even some of the older guys, I am getting crazy expectations.

Here is what you can expect.

Newly hired starting pay.
16.00 to 16.50 with .50 raise each year.

GWI of 4.00 to 5.00 over the life of the contact.

Health Insurance is maintained at the current level.

Part-Time pension maintained or improved around 150 to 175 a month per part-time tier.

As for my own crazy, I would like a pathway to 22.3 without FT driving first and vacation pay at your weekly average or 20 hours (whichever is higher).
What about if you’ve been here 6 years or so think right now I get a little under 18

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I tell that all the time to people who don’t mind their own business or get worried that I don’t work fast enough. I get paid peanuts by the hour. If they want the :censored2: out the door tell management to hire more people to spread the work. I am not dealing with liberty mutual and management’s bull:censored2: again if I can help it.
Throw in 5 lb bag a shrimp 🍤 every month

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
In talking with newer coworkers and even some of the older guys, I am getting crazy expectations.

Here is what you can expect.

Health Insurance is maintained at the current level.

Part-Time pension maintained or improved around 150 to 175 a month per part-time tier.

As for my own crazy, I would like a pathway to 22.3 without FT driving first and vacation pay at your weekly average or 20 hours (whichever is higher).
$20 starting for PT. We're getting $19 right meow

With the cost of living adjustments in our current contract, part timers are *already* at $16.65, so what you're suggesting is a pay cut. I think even an immediate increase to $20 is the absolute minimum because many people have MRAs that are more than that. If UPS has decided to pay package handlers $20, $21, $22, $23, $24 an hour without any negotiation with the union, shouldn't the union be able to get their members an even better deal?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
$20 starting for PT. We're getting $19 right meow
With the cost of living adjustments in our current contract, part timers are *already* at $16.65, so what you're suggesting is a pay cut. I think even an immediate increase to $20 is the absolute minimum because many people have MRAs that are more than that. If UPS has decided to pay package handlers $20, $21, $22, $23, $24 an hour without any negotiation with the union, shouldn't the union be able to get their members an even better deal?
They were paying $27/hr in Seattle…and they still couldn’t find people, lol.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I think the wages may be under supplements. But we're independent anyway
It was an MRA if I remember correctly. I’m at $16.65 in gangland. Which is ass because of the cost of living. Negotiations for the NMA don’t start until the April 17th. I think that’s what sets the standardized wages and what most people are interested in for the upcoming contract. I’ve been vetting people in the hub hard and pushing them to start grieving hard. How tf do they want a decent wage/contract, but yet they don’t want to fight or grieve. They talk big game about being ready to go on strike, but yet they’re too scared to file on supes working, lol. I’m not letting them slide on anything, our new secretary treasurer has been pushing us to get out of our comfort zone and I’ve been doing it little by little and cementing myself as a stew. I know I’m fighting an uphill battle when it comes to part timers, but I at least will give it a shot in my hub/sort to get good turnout.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
It was an MRA if I remember correctly. I’m at $16.65 in gangland. Which is ass because of the cost of living. Negotiations for the NMA don’t start until the April 17th. I think that’s what sets the standardized wages and what most people are interested in for the upcoming contract. I’ve been vetting people in the hub hard and pushing them to start grieving hard. How tf do they want a decent wage/contract, but yet they don’t want to fight or grieve. They talk big game about being ready to go on strike, but yet they’re too scared to file on supes working, lol. I’m not letting them slide on anything, our new secretary treasurer has been pushing us to get out of our comfort zone and I’ve been doing it little by little and cementing myself as a stew. I know I’m fighting an uphill battle when it comes to part timers, but I at least will give it a shot in my hub/sort to get good turnout.
I'm at $16.65 too, but am getting $19.