Who else hates Amazon.com?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I know I can't be the only one who HATES how terribly Amazon packages their shipments? From the one strip of tape that they use to tape up the boxes, no matter HOW heavy the item is that's contained in the box. The fact that they seem to ALWAYS slap the label right over the seam so you almost always have to find BC or spread the edges so that you can scan it.

I mean, without them we would probably be sending out quite a few less routes, but there are certain days that I wish they would go out of business tomorrow.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I'm kind of the opposite, I love Amazon. I was in the hospital during Christmas time and was able to buy gifts and send them to family on my phone, and everything arrives really quick. To be honest I buy just about everything from there. That is just how I feel, I'm sure some people have horror stories but they have never let me down.

S

selfcancelsignal

The reasons you list piss me off to no end. I don't really order much from them, but am grateful for them. I doubt I'd have a driving job w/o their volume.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The poor packs that Amazon does is nothing compared to the all time worst shipper I ever saw and that was Fingerhut. They never used tape and I would say the majority of driver followups were for those jokers. I heard that UPS actually dumped them because of the amount of claims.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Obviously, none of you have been around long enough to experience LTD Commodities.

Definition of the suck.

( Yeah, Fingerhut was up there, too.)

upschuck

From the one strip of tape that they use to tape up the boxes, no matter HOW heavy the item is that's contained in the box. The fact that they seem to ALWAYS slap the label right over the seam so you almost always have to find BC or spread the edges so that you can scan it.
They use the label as a second piece of tape.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You may get your wish, LaserShip delivered my last Amazon box. When we eventually lose them, they will be replaced by somebody else. There are a lot of companies that use poor packaging. My first route was a bunch of warehouses, the shipping departments always paid minimum wage.

Last edited:

shampoohorn

Kmart ranks as #1 on my crapiest parcel list. They use boxes from the 70's and dollar store packing tape. #2 would be people that use us a a moving company and recycle those Home Depot boxes with duct tape and bubble gum stuffed with items from an episode of Hoarders. I loaded at least 20 for one residence one day on a P8.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Obviously, none of you have been around long enough to experience LTD Commodities.

Definition of the suck.

( Yeah, Fingerhut was up there, too.)

I agree, LTD was the absolute worst of the worst. Grainger is/was bad too, been out of the loop so long I don't even know if they are still around.

RealPerson

Avon back in the day, one lose strap on a box with a lid? HAHA
Our sort looked like makeup junk yard...
We are lucky in my center, the Amazon close to us only does small items..