Who else hates Amazon.com?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It was a joke, guys. Since the person who posted what I quoted and responded to, was the guy in the "ghetto" thread who basically labeled me a racist. So I was being sarcastic.

Well, too much explaining for a throw away joke
If any one was filled with racism and hate it was that guy.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Has it changed recently, because not too long ago they did not? I'll check with BD to make sure.

I'm curious, why do you think they did not? I was charged the minute I processed my label when shipping. In addition, if a package turns up missing, the shipper is supposed to contact UPS for the refund. That wouldn't be necessary if they aren't even charged until a package is scanned upon delivery.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think the billing doesn't start before the origin scan. Otherwise shippers could process packages they never shipped and try to generate claims.

upschuck

I'm curious, why do you think they did not? I was charged the minute I processed my label when shipping. In addition, if a package turns up missing, the shipper is supposed to contact UPS for the refund. That wouldn't be necessary if they aren't even charged until a package is scanned upon delivery.
That is for a single package without an account number. I get the UPS shipping discount(seems to me about 30% from retail), and I get billed at week end, not for every shipment. If a package shows up missing, then it has been scanned once. You beat me too it oldngray.

20140403_131315.jpg
Its not the shippers that "tick me off"its home stops like this one (133 steps)

scisector9

Am I just horribly naïve to think that Amazon will have a hard time dumping us? The 'logistics" alone for them to start their own national delivery service will be the straw that breaks their back.

And if they decide to divert volume to regional or local carriers how long will that last before they bring that volume back to brown? UPS has the biggest infrastructure in the biz and I find it hard to fathom them being able to drop us. I will call their bluff. But who am I I'm just a stupid truck driver.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
Make sure to put in a sales lead to get credit for the volume.

They were an existing customer that moved onto my area. Everything was already taken care of before they even started planning the move.
Even though we don't get crap anymore for sales leads, I don;t miss an opportunity to put one in, especially for a monster like Chewy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
These bad boys make even "heavy" Amazon boxes feel light as feathers...lol. One of my drivers delivers about a dozen leaf springs a week.
6532221t-01.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
These bad boys make even "heavy" Amazon boxes feel light as feathers...lol. One of my drivers delivers about a dozen leaf springs a week.View attachment 12283

One of worst stops is delivering to UPS trailer shop which is in another building. Besides getting a lot of awkward heavy packages they can also get packages over 150. The people there will help you unload and anyone will sign though. Not as bad as a UPS office I used to deliver to that was on 2nd floor with no elevator and would get many boxes of paper, and nobody would lift a finger to help you. Almost as bad as another UPS office that moved into a warehouse building that had docks which they sealed off so you had to carry everything up stairs (only to first floor though).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of worst stops is delivering to UPS trailer shop which is in another building. Besides getting a lot of awkward heavy packages they can also get packages over 150. The people there will help you unload and anyone will sign though. Not as bad as a UPS office I used to deliver to that was on 2nd floor with no elevator and would get many boxes of paper, and nobody would lift a finger to help you. Almost as bad as another UPS office that moved into a warehouse building that had docks which they sealed off so you had to carry everything up stairs (only to first floor though).
People are just idiots. I'm at the hair salon one day after work..in the waiting area. The ups guy comes in with a cart full of stuff...struggling to get the door open. There's 4 people sitting closest to the door...and I was the only one who got up to hold the door open for his 3 trips back to his truck. Granted, I know the driver, but even if I didn't, I still have manners....wtf?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The ups guy comes in with a cart full of stuff...struggling to get the door open. There's 4 people sitting closest to the door...and I was the only one who got up to hold the door open for his 3 trips back to his truck. Granted, I know the driver, but even if I didn't, I still have manners....wtf?

You've gotta love the idiots who will just sit there and watch you struggle, and then AFTER you have made it through the door motion like they were just about to come help, but you got through the door way too quickly.