I started slow on my 401k. But each time I raised the %, I realized the tax savings nearly made up for the $ taken out. So my take home was nearly the same. Now after all these years, without ever missing the money, I have over $350,000 from my tax deferred retirement account. I hope to have double that amount when I reach 65.

I know I will have to pay taxes as I take the money out, but not paying the tax up front made it possible for me to put money into the 401K without feeling any pinch.

The earlier you start the larger it will grow. One thing for sure, we can no longer rely completely on our pensions and Social Security.
That's why I also put some into the Roth

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm about to light someone's ass up.
Call your sup right now and let him know of the grievance that multiple grievances that will be filed along with the charges the person who changed it will get for altering your time card. Contact your steward now and let him/her know now so they can address it first thing Monday morning. And the system will show whoever altered your time card so ask steward to find out exactly WHO changed it without your permission.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Everyone's financial situation is unique so I am not going to try and lecture.

But I do think you need to look at it a little differently.

Temporarily bumping your 401k contribution (lowering your taxable income) and possibly changing your w-4 exemptions would leave you close to where you are at right now.
I know nothing about that stuff...I am single and claim 0

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call your sup right now and let him know of the grievance that multiple grievances that will be filed along with the charges the person who changed it will get for altering your time card. Contact your steward now and let him/her know now so they can address it first thing Monday morning. And the system will show whoever altered your time card so ask steward to find out exactly WHO changed it without your permission.

Yawn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

:censored2: your yawning. Management can't screw people out of their money and I hope who ever changed his time card gets fired. They want to force people into a 6th punch then they will give them their guarantee pay, their numbers can :censored2: off!

Yawn squared.

I would be willing to bet that they were told it would be hours only before they started.

Cincypackagehandler

Ran Monday’s plan today, if you had business you knew would be closed, you didn’t have to attempt it. 90% of our drivers showed. I ran off 113 stops and clocked out at 3:30. This has been an easy peak.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Do you get money back at the end of the year?

The end game is to not owe any money, but also not receive a refund.
I claim 0 most of the year and I always get a decent refund. I think if I claimed 1 or 2 I would be about even, but I'd rather get a surprise couple thousand in February to blow on hookers and cocaine.

542thruNthru

Well dan when you’re living paycheck to paycheck it’s hard to put extra into your 401k. I’ll take financial advice from someone who doesn’t lease a ‘76 Volkswagen van. Thanks

Well if you lived in Alabama and not San Jose like a real Bama fan you'd be able to afford to put money into your 401k. #fakeBAMA

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yawn squared.

I would be willing to bet that they were told it would be hours only before they started.
I don't know how you can even see to type right now *. For once in your life could you just side with your fellow union brothers instead of management? We have a contract for a reason and you always seem to think it doesn't apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know how you can even see to type right now *. For once in your life could you just side with your fellow union brothers instead of management? We have a contract for a reason and you always seem to think it doesn't apply.

Cuz for the most part youse guys are wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: