Why would any Pilot vote for a Democrat?

I think for someone with 47 yrs in politics Biden’s answer on the oil industry was stunningly poor from a politician.

Making a financial commitment to renewable energy sources makes a lot of sense to me. It should have been worded better.. because we are obviously still very dependent on fossil fuels right now and many voters work in those jobs
Because the oil industry owns a lot of politicians, not just in this country but around the world. And trump allowing E 15 gasoline less than a month from the election was directed right at the ethanol industry and grain farmers in the Midwest. The same ones that were devastated by his trade wars and a part of his base in 2016. Seeing more Biden signs out in the rural areas than trump signs this year.

rod

Retired 22 years
4 more years of Union busting trump and the rest of his Republican gang and say good bye to your Union negotiated health care, pension and Union wages.
You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot with that one. Don't blame Trump because everyone votes yes on any crap contract UPS offers.

You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot with that one. Don't blame Trump because everyone votes yes on any crap contract UPS offers.
I agree. trump is not the disease, just a symptom of what is wrong in this country. Corporate profits above a living wage and health care.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Because the oil industry owns a lot of politicians, not just in this country but around the world. And trump allowing E 15 gasoline less than a month from the election was directed right at the ethanol industry and grain farmers in the Midwest. The same ones that were devastated by his trade wars and a part of his base in 2016. Seeing more Biden signs out in the rural areas than trump signs this year.
When you factor in all the energy it takes to produce the alcohol, is e-15 worth it? Even the btu's are lower in the final product?

El Correcto

god is dead
Good Lord man, you realize that Obama was President for 8yrs? The party in charge has made no difference in my life for the last 40 yrs! You clowns need to worry about your individual situations more than the political news on Fox lol
Democrat controlled America and presidency are different things. Look how much they managed to :censored2: yo healthcare in the short time they had control.

JJinVA

I agree. trump is not the disease, just a symptom of what is wrong in this country. Corporate profits above a living wage and health care.
I really do wish it was as easy as saying "ahhh just give them more money and their lives will be easier". We've covered this millions of times as to why that doesnt work in an economic model, but I know you choose not to see it or digest it because its counter to your feelz.

If ppl want more money, they have to take more risks and do more difficult jobs. Ive made a decent amount of money working with my two hands. College and tech isnt for everyone and Im one of those who it isnt for. Fine with it. A man has to know his own limitations. But Ill be Gat Dayumed if Im gonna flip a burger and stomp my feet for $15 an hour. Especially considering so-called fast-food joints have gotten progressively slower and more disgusting to the point that its almost just as fast to go sit in a restaurant and get actual food for nearly the same price (and in some cases cheaper).

Not to mention, it isnt up to the government to determine what companies pay their employees. They set the minimum. If the companies valued their employees or felt like their worth was greater than $7 an hour, they would give it to them if the numbers allowed it. But just as with any huge mega corporation, they know that if you quit, they got a million goons lined up behind you eager for their chance so youre disposable.

Imagine, "Hey Mr. Corporate CEO. Gary down at McDonalds in Who-Gives-a-Fack town said hes not coming in to work tomorrow until he gets $15 an hour"...

Re-Raise

Democrat controlled America and presidency are different things. Look how much they managed to * yo healthcare in the short time they had control.
Lol .. I haven’t paid more than $200 out of pocket in any year for the 35 yrs I have been employed at UPS for healthcare or prescriptions

Please explain to me how screwed up my healthcare through Teamcare is ...because I must have missed it

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Democrat controlled America and presidency are different things. Look how much they managed to * yo healthcare in the short time they had control.
You're responding to a guy who 6 months ago was crying that he would never be able to retire because Trump was somehow responsible for the market dropping. TDS.

I really do wish it was as easy as saying "ahhh just give them more money and their lives will be easier". We've covered this millions of times as to why that doesnt work in an economic model, but I know you choose not to see it or digest it because its counter to your feelz.

If ppl want more money, they have to take more risks and do more difficult jobs. Ive made a decent amount of money working with my two hands. College and tech isnt for everyone and Im one of those who it isnt for. Fine with it. A man has to know his own limitations. But Ill be Gat Dayumed if Im gonna flip a burger and stomp my feet for $15 an hour. Especially considering so-called fast-food joints have gotten progressively slower and more disgusting to the point that its almost just as fast to go sit in a restaurant and get actual food for nearly the same price (and in some cases cheaper).

Not to mention, it isnt up to the government to determine what companies pay their employees. They set the minimum. If the companies valued their employees or felt like their worth was greater than $7 an hour, they would give it to them if the numbers allowed it. But just as with any huge mega corporation, they know that if you quit, they got a million goons lined up behind you eager for their chance so youre disposable.

Imagine, "Hey Mr. Corporate CEO. Gary down at McDonalds in Who-Gives-a-Fack town said hes not coming in to work tomorrow until he gets $15 an hour"...
This coming from a delivery driver making $38/hr. dropping off Amazon packages?

JJinVA

This coming from a delivery driver making $38/hr. dropping off Amazon packages?
I applied because I wanted to make more money and do harder work. Thats how it works. *shrug* I didnt demand the pay that they give me just because more money would make my life easier.