Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
maxresdefault.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think the newer part timers have more then any part timer in the history of ups. They’ll get their hourly increase. I don’t understand the problem. It’s just a part time job. You have to earn your right in the company if you want to be front and center in the contract! Full timers take precedent.

The part timers don’t seem to grasp this theory They want it all and they want it now

nWo

I think the newer part timers have more then any part timer in the history of ups. They’ll get their hourly increase. I don’t understand the problem. It’s just a part time job. You have to earn your right in the company if you want to be front and center in the contract! Full timers take precedent.

They certainly don't have more than any part timer in the history of UPS. I mean when I started part time we at least had benefits but pay was low. Now pay is low and they don't have benefits. Back in the Boomer days they had good pay and benefits.

They certainly don't have more than any part timer in the history of UPS. I mean when I started part time we at least had benefits but pay was low. Now pay is low and they don't have benefits. Back in the Boomer days they had good pay and benefits.
Worked the preload and we made $.50/hr less than top rate delivery drivers after 90 days. PT sups and management never touched a package. No PT air drivers delivering ground packages. No PVDs. No 22.4. But it is all the PTers fault for 40 years of concessions.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
PT sups and management never touched a package.

Not true.

They would tuck their tie... inside their white shirt... and say "watch me while I demonstrate".

:biggrin:

Worked the preload and we made $.50/hr less than top rate delivery drivers after 90 days. No PT air drivers delivering ground packages. No PVDs. No 22.4. But it is all the PTers fault for 40 years of concessions.

Keep waving that flag brother.

Thebrownblob

Not true.

They would tuck their tie... inside their white shirt... and say "watch me while I demonstrate".

:biggrin:

Keep waving that flag brother.
He’s purposely allowed the company to misuse the contract and then complains about poor contracts? Typical of someone who wants to blame others for doing what they themselves should be doing. The responsibility of holding the company accountable first goes to the members.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He’s purposely allowed the company to miss use the contract and then complains about poor contracts? Typical of someone who wants to blame others for doing what they themselves should be doing. The responsibility of holding the company accountable first goes to the members.

If true, it's a bizarre situation. And the dude isn't gaining any further pension contributions.

If he would just tell me what Local.... I could fix it with a phone call.

Non liberal

How don’t they have benefits? Where I’m at, they still have free health and dental. Nothing has changed in 15 years except they don’t get a free turkey anymore. Please explain “no benefits”

nWo

How don’t they have benefits? Where I’m at, they still have free health and dental. Nothing has changed in 15 years except they don’t get a free turkey anymore. Please explain “no benefits”

They do not get benefits until 9 months. While boomers got benefits after 30 days. And every other major warehouse jobs are offering benefits day 1. We are Teamsters. It is nothing short of shameful we have dues paying members that don't have healthcare.

nWo

Sean knows that he can not organize Amazon when unionized warehouse workers at UPS have it worse than their nonunionized counterparts at Amazon. If we are going to take on Amazon we have to take care of our own people first.

Non liberal

They do not get benefits until 9 months. While boomers got benefits after 30 days. And every other major warehouse jobs are offering benefits day 1. We are Teamsters. It is nothing short of shameful we have dues paying members that don't have healthcare.
When I started part time I also made $10 an hr maybe. It’s been a while, I think that’s what it was. How much do they make now? I would trade $4 or $5hr. For waiting 8 mos. For benefits any day of the week. Full timers take precedent, then you can try and take care of part timers.

Non liberal

Also, dues are a percentage of what you make so full timers are paying a lot more then the part timers. So the part time wage is 15.33 an hr.- 5.33 an hr more then when I started when I got my benefits after 30 days. I’d say part timers now are better off then they ever were at ups.