Will this contract pass or get voted down ??

JL 0513

How does someone get suckered into a $900 a month payment? I’ll never know. If that truck isn’t being used to make money there, foolish.
$900/mo truck is a lower end truck today. And that's on an extended loan.

$100K trucks aren't out of the ordinary.
If you were to finance $100K for 36mo, your payment would be $3,000/mo!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It’s a slap in O’Brien’s face if it barely passes. Historic indeed.

If it doesn’t pass on the first round O’Brien shouldn’t be discouraged. He was coming into these negotiations carrying a lot of Hoffa baggage, some of our members will just vote “No” for the sake of it. A ton of hidden anger over the 2008, 2013 and 2018 Contracts, one thing I know about a Teamster is they will hold a grudge till the second coming.

Been grinding my axe since 2008…

Does anyone still remember the concept of dictating a Contract…Who wins on this one depends on our vote…this Contract is far more transparent and better than the last one…unfortunately the bar was set so low with that one that any improvement in this TA would be a major victory.

100%

It's going to pass.
Some supplements might be an issue.
I think it was passing day 1, then people started reading it. Concessions all in the supplements. That’s why they withheld them for everyone to read. This will get voted down including most of the supplements. No concessions means no concessions. Stop acting like sending this contract back will cause a strike. It needs to be cleaned up.

100%

If it doesn’t pass on the first round O’Brien shouldn’t be discouraged. He was coming into these negotiations carrying a lot of Hoffa baggage, some of our members will just vote “No” for the sake of it. A ton of hidden anger over the 2008, 2013 and 2018 Contracts, one thing I know about a Teamster is they will hold a grudge till the second coming.

Been grinding my axe since 2008…

Does anyone still remember the concept of dictating a Contract…Who wins on this one depends on our vote…this Contract is far more transparent and better than the last one…unfortunately the bar was set so low with that one that any improvement in this TA would be a major victory.
The first one always gets voted down. There are concessions so it should be voted down. NO CONCESSIONS!

100%

This is the absolute truth lol! I have two Bachelor’s degrees and I couldn’t make anywhere near $49/hr without the Teamsters.
I make double that on a side job with no degree. You wasted all that money on 2 pieces of paper and can’t figure out how to make money…..wow! Lmfao

nWo

FB_IMG_1690970536127.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I make double that on a side job with no degree. You wasted all that money on 2 pieces of paper and can’t figure out how to make money…..wow! Lmfao
My son just got his college degree (full ride) and started out making 50k. I pulled that my first full year at 18.75, but I call him quite often after lunch and he's already on the golf course. We trade off a whole lot to make great money.

Satuirus2000

Isn’t that Zuks local??? Did they not get the shuttle time they were asking for?
Sorta. One time $1000 payment to all members with potential for more with a whole lot of conditions. Can also now file a grievance if shuttle takes too long. Expectation is now that 15 minutes should be max time from guard shack to work area. Company is installing new machines to collect data.