Will UPS Bend Hoffa Over like in 2013?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He will never get respect. He’s a wannabe tough guy. Word on the street is he’s the biggest pusillanimous on hog island.
I seriously want to see him walk up to Sean O’Brien and spout off... it’s one thing to go after old man Hoffa/Hall... try that with someone about your same age...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I seriously want to see him walk up to Sean O’Brien and spout off... it’s one thing to go after old man Hoffa/hall... try that with someone about your same age...
The funny thing is, Sean would talk to him. I have seen Sean make time for the most hardend of dissidents.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So he’s using multiple aliases on here??

He's bragged about it.

Unfortunately for him.... he can't get away from his posting style.

FACT

GOD SEES EVERYTHING

I seriously want to see him walk up to Sean O’Brien and spout off... it’s one thing to go after old man Hoffa/hall... try that with someone about your same age...

Hall/Murphy simply ignored him, and his video camera.

I'm guessing.... Sean wouldn't.:biggrin:

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The funny thing is, Sean would talk to him. I have seen Sean make time for the most hardend of dissidents.
He seems like he is engaged with people who both like him and have issues with him...does he get a bad rap because he is associated with Hoffa...it’s like being Paul Ryan, he can have ideas and such but ultimately he has to sell that to the president, who can do what he wishes with the information...

623STEWARD

He's bragged about it.

FACT

GOD SEES EVERYTHING

hall/Murphy simply ignored him, and his video camera.

-Bug-
You mean Murphy? The guy who talks funny ? I’ll slap the chowda out his mouth
GOD SEES EVERYTHING

wide load

He's bragged about it.

FACT

GOD SEES EVERYTHING

hall/Murphy simply ignored him, and his video camera.

-Bug-
I’ve seen it first hand when I came to campaign in the last election. Some people snubbed him. He would get them to engage in conversations and most ended up having a different view of him after. Some even said they were glad they got the chance to talk to him directly.

wide load

He seems like he is engaged with people who both like him and have issues with him...does he get a bad rap because he is associated with Hoffa...it’s like being Paul Ryan, he can have ideas and such but ultimately he has to sell that to the president, who can do what he wishes with the information...
At times he did get a bad rap because of Hoffa. He also got praise because of Hoffa too. I think what sets Sean apart is that his has a great vision for the future.

twoweeled

Well , your a pessimist so of course you don’t! Your a good guy but don’t think I’ve ever seen you post anything very positive. Nothing wrong with that, just sayin.
Well, I think this depends on your perspective. If you yourself have seen things getting better (for the most part) and progressing since Hoffa, then it's understandable you'd be positive and see the possibility of delivering on those proposals.
But!! If you have seen things declining since Hoffa (for the most part) then I think it's understandable that person wouldn't be very positive on what Hoffa will do, and doesn't expect him to deliver on many promises. Seem reasonable?

twoweeled

I like a majority of the proposals I see.
The proposals are nice, but they are meaningless unless they pass and are enforceable. I mean, totally meaningless until then. I'm curious. Approx what percentage of the proposals are you expecting Hoffa to get passed? ie and enforceable!
I'm just asking for a guess, I know no one knows. I guess my point is, if your satisfied with Hoffa passing 5 items, then it may explain your positive outlook on Hoffa?

Last edited:

twoweeled

Heck, I remember a supe taking over a route for a driver that got sick and he backed up into a dock wall so hard that it broke the bumper and springs off of the package car. He still had a job...
until he started messing with a driver's on road hours log.
I didn't miss him. Good riddance.
LOL! that is one sudden stop when that happens, huh! I'm sure it's happen to all of us. Bang your head on the bulkhead behind you! CRAP!!

twoweeled

As a retired former steward, I had seen many contracts. So many were worded a certain way in one paragraph and the following paragraph was worded so the company could work their way around the previous one. And as far as the panel system goes, so many times before I even walked into the panel room to discuss the grievance, you could tell the decision had already been agreed upon.
That part about walking into a room to discuss a grievance and knowing there was already a decision made, is so true! You could sometimes feel it, and at other times it was obvious they were going through the motions.

A

Article 3

LOL! that is one sudden stop when that happens, huh! I'm sure it's happen to all of us. Bang your head on the bulkhead behind you! CRAP!!
I have never slammed a vehicle into a dock so hard to even crack a spring much less break off the whole bumper. I think that guy banged his head earlier in life before his accident. He was pretty arrogant in nature....that is until he wrecked the truck.

A

Article 3

The last time I talked to the Boston bully was when he came into my home and lied to us. I have no words for a LIAR!
GOD SEES EVERYTHING
He came into your home?
L
[QUOTE="623STEWARD, post: 3337342, member: 70647] I have no words for a LIAR!
[/QUOTE]

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And as far as the panel system goes, so many times before I even walked into the panel room to discuss the grievance, you could tell the decision had already been agreed upon.

That part about walking into a room to discuss a grievance and knowing there was already a decision made, is so true! You could sometimes feel it, and at other times it was obvious they were going through the motions.

On a grievance alleging a contract violation ?

Or, a discharge ?

There is an inherent difference, between the two.

Was the grievance an actual contract violation, or a complaint ?

Was the discharge a clear violation, and you were asking for mercy ?

Saying there was some sort of palatable feeling about the outcome....

That seems kind of psychic. Or, you knew it wasn't a strong case to begin with.

Not all cases are equal.

That's why they are judged on their merits.

-Bug-

ski or die

Ski or Die
On a grievance alleging a contract violation ?

Or, a discharge ?

There is an inherent difference, between the two.

Was the grievance an actual contract violation, or a complaint ?

Was the discharge a clear violation, and you were asking for mercy ?

Saying there was some sort of palatable feeling about the outcome....

That seems kind of psychic. Or, you knew it wasn't a strong case to begin with.

Not all cases are equal.

That's why they are judged on their merits.

-Bug-

It was a grievance concerning seniority rights violation. A definite open and shut case. The meeting was at a hotel and they held my grievance to last. After the grievance before mine was completed, they then left for lunch. Not notifying me while I continued to sit in the hotel room. When they came back, the grievance was denied with my BA sitting right next to me not saying a word. So I contacted our Local President and had a meeting with him. Our President was going to bring the BA up on charges because of the blatant disregard for seniority rights. He brought the BA into the meeting to discuss the issue. I do not like to see anyone lose their employment whether hourly or management. I agreed to let the BA resolve the issue. He met with the company labor manager without me having to attend. It was resolved correctly without going to another hearing. Never had another problem concerning seniority rights. Never had another problem with BA after that. Oh, and I was a Steward and during this period, when attending a grievance hearing I was not paid. The BA also made an agreement with management that any grievances I came to represent from then on would be heard first.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It was a grievance concerning seniority rights violation. A definite open and shut case. The meeting was at a hotel and they held my grievance to last. After the grievance before mine was completed, they then left for lunch. Not notifying me while I continued to sit in the hotel room. When they came back, the grievance was denied with my BA sitting right next to me not saying a word. So I contacted our Local President and had a meeting with him. Our President was going to bring the BA up on charges because of the blatant disregard for seniority rights. He brought the BA into the meeting to discuss the issue. I do not like to see anyone lose their employment whether hourly or management. I agreed to let the BA resolve the issue. He met with the company labor manager without me having to attend. It was resolved correctly without going to another hearing. Never had another problem concerning seniority rights. Never had another problem with BA after that. Oh, and I was a Steward and during this period, when attending a grievance hearing I was not paid. The BA also made an agreement with management that any grievances I came to represent from then on would be heard first.

Good story.