Women attire

Newby here

I've never worked in a warehouse before. I start working as a package handler on Monday and was told to wear clothes appropriate for weather and "sturdy top leather shoes/boots no tennis shoes". Wanted to see if walmart non slip shoes are ok or if I have to go spend money on work boots.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
upload_2017-10-5_10-45-30.jpeg

Shoes are not important. Wear this uniform and nobody will look at your feet.

DRporch

yes having boots is a must. i loaded for a week once and wore shoes and was told works boots must be worn. walmart has a decent pair for $40-60

MzTeaze

I've never worked in a warehouse before. I start working as a package handler on Monday and was told to wear clothes appropriate for weather and "sturdy top leather shoes/boots no tennis shoes". Wanted to see if walmart non slip shoes are ok or if I have to go spend money on work boots.

You can get inexpensive work boots at Wal-Mart. I bought a pair there that I like better than my more expensive Red Wing boots. I tried on some for like $20.

W

What The Hawk?

I am a package handler. You can literally wear anything you want as long as it's appropriate. Dress in layers especially with peak coming. AND you must wear boots. I suggest no political shirts or hats though as many people with differing opinions may be offended.

Box Ox

I’d say no to a full boot for preload. Heavier and not as comfortable. Slip resistant work shoes with a protective/crush rated composite or steel toe. Composite toes are lighter and don’t get as cold.

I’ve heard Sketchers fall apart pretty quickly. Red Wing, Thorogood and Carolina all had good protective toe shoes in my experience. Also had some New Balances but the bottom of the soles would split due to some sort of manufacturing defect. Reviewers on Amazon had the same experience.

MzTeaze

Forgot to say, leave your favorite clothing home & wear stuff you don't mind getting dirty and/or ruined. I have ruined several T-shirts between package dirt & extreme pilling of the material. Layers are good because you can remove the excess as you get hot.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wear non slip shoes, the grease from making the bacon might splatter on the floor, making it difficult to get it my plate at the table. I might also suggest something with a bit of cushioning as I slap you on the ass because you forgot the eggs on the first trip. Maybe an umbrella to go to the store to pick up more syrup for the pancakes, in case it rains of course. I'd let you use the car but we all know what happens when you get behind the wheel

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wear non slip shoes, the grease from making the bacon might splatter on the floor, making it difficult to get it my plate at the table. I might also suggest something with a bit of cushioning as I slap you on the ass because you forgot the eggs on the first trip. Maybe an umbrella to go to the store to pick up more syrup for the pancakes, in case it rains of course. I'd let you use the car but we all know what happens when you get behind the wheel
Your wife isn’t with you right now, is she? lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your wife has no problem driving a stick