Word is 70 hours and Sunday delivery

Tony Q

What's your insider spin on this one, @Tony Q ? Will we still love the Contract when we finally get to see it?
I can't speak for anyone but myself. I think some will like it, but the lynch mob mentality on here and other sites could be contagious. Either way it will be what it is. I think it is a very fair contract.

Box Ox

What else would you like? Break it down for me, if you would. With what you have seen so far, what would you do with it instead.

No 22.4, no 70 hours from what I've seen so far. Sundays workable, but only as part of a 5 day workweek. Body needs 2 days off.

Tony Q

No 22.4, no 70 hours from what I've seen so far. Sundays workable, but only as part of a 5 day workweek. Body needs 2 days off.
These will all be addressed. Unfortunately you have to make compromise in negotiations. I don’t know your negotiating experience, but I’d put my against yours any day of the week, while being heavily hung over, respectfully.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I can't speak for anyone but myself. I think some will like it, but the lynch mob mentality on here and other sites could be contagious. Either way it will be what it is. I think it is a very fair contract.
I agree with you 100%! I'm on our Local/J.C. negotiations committee and we just wrapped up a fully recommended tentative agreement. Even the "vote no" people on the committee recommended the tentative agreement! 2 of the "vote no" guys who were seen in pictures holding Vote No signs went to the negotiations Chairman after the meeting and stated how GOOD the agreement is. People need to be patient and wait for the details, they are coming.

twoweeled

So everybody I talk to is saying 70 hours and a Monday through Sunday delivery... holy crap fellas. Obviously all the high seniority guys don't give a damn, because it won't be them working 70 or Saturdays and Sundays. But for all the lower seniority guys and swing drivers.. looks like we're in for hell. Lube up fellas.
Remember this. You're going to hear about a lot of terrible stuff. Some real bad and some even worse. Much of it will never come to fruition. It's all part of their plan. tell us they are gonna give us 14 inches of hell, so when they only give us 8, WE THINK WE REALLY SCREWED THEM OVER!!! They've been doing this about 2 months past forever! And it's worked!!

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
I agree with you 100%! I'm on our Local/J.C. negotiations committee and we just wrapped up a fully recommended tentative agreement. Even the "vote no" people on the committee recommended the tentative agreement! 2 of the "vote no" guys who were seen in pictures holding Vote No signs went to the negotiations Chairman after the meeting and stated how GOOD the agreement is. People need to be patient and wait for the details, they are coming.

lol

Feederquacker

The thing hat kills me about this whole 70hr thing is that the DOT rules say it’s 70hr in 8 days. Not 70hrs in 7 days. Doesn’t much matter what the company wants if the law says otherwise. You still can’t violate the 60hr/7 day rule. Now stop with the histrionics. It’s getting tiresome.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The thing hat kills me about this whole 70hr thing is that the DOT rules say it’s 70hr in 8 days. Not 70hrs in 7 days. Doesn’t much matter what the company wants if the law says otherwise. You still can’t violate the 60hr/7 day rule. Now stop with the histrionics. It’s getting tiresome.
34 hours resets.

Feederquacker

34 hours resets.

And???? You still can’t go over 60 hours in 7 days.

mjjlohn

Unfortunately a big giveaway by our expert negotiators doesn't sound like much of a compromise.
When you can read the contract in it’s entirety, fully, I’ll accept your condemnation.

Saying stuff like this makes the rest of us weary. What could possibly be in this contract that would stop and make us commend you? I’m withholding judgement but you should stop engaging people here to trying to antagonize you.