Word is 70 hours and Sunday delivery

Feederquacker

M

MenInBrown

One thing I know about this contract is I WILL NEVER WORK 70 hrs in a week. That’s a fact

OrionsBitch

Not...
So everybody I talk to is saying 70 hours and a Monday through Sunday delivery... holy crap fellas. Obviously all the high seniority guys don't give a damn, because it won't be them working 70 or Saturdays and Sundays. But for all the lower seniority guys and swing drivers.. looks like we're in for hell. Lube up fellas.
I hope the lube they use is better than the :censored2: the mechanics put in our back doors.

542thruNthru

The thing hat kills me about this whole 70hr thing is that the DOT rules say it’s 70hr in 8 days. Not 70hrs in 7 days. Doesn’t much matter what the company wants if the law says otherwise. You still can’t violate the 60hr/7 day rule. Now stop with the histrionics. It’s getting tiresome.

No where does it say in the regs they have to space out the 70 hours thru 8 days. It only says you can not work more then 70 hours in 8 days with out a 34hr reset.

Don't you work in feeder? You should know this better then anyone.

Feederquacker

Do you really expect the company to work us 7 days a week? If you do then you may need to refill your tinfoil hat.
No. But we could work 70 hours in 6 days.
No you can’t. This is the problem. You don’t have a damn clue what you’re talking about and others are listening to you. You’re giving wrong information and making out like it’s the truth. Try looking it up before you put bull$h!t out there for others to see. It’s really not that hard. A simple internet search for hours of service will give you the information you need to not look like a total tool. Try it.

542thruNthru

No you can’t. This is the problem. You don’t have a damn clue what you’re talking about and others are listening to you. You’re giving wrong information and making out like it’s the truth. Try looking it up before you put bull$h!t out there for others to see. It’s really not that hard. A simple internet search for hours of service will give you the information you need to not look like a total tool. Try it.

13 x 6 = 78

Umm yes I do. Myself and many others worked over 60 hours but peak. You haven't a :censored2:ing clue about anything. Do you even drive?
Do you know the DOT rules? I think not.

542thruNthru

You can not exceed 14 hours in a day. That includes lunch and breaks.

You must have 10 rest between shifts.

34hour rest to refresh your bank of hours.

So if you start at 9am and work till 11pm and take a full hour lunch. You can begin working again at 9am the next day. Here we only tale 30 min lunches not 1 hour.

What did I miss?

542thruNthru

Umm yes I do. Myself and many others worked over 60 hours but peak. You haven't a :censored2:ing clue about anything. Do you even drive?
Do you know the DOT rules? I think not.

You know what's making me laugh So hard right now. He is flipping out about how we have no idea what we are talking about and is probably researching the regs right now fuming. He will realize we are right and go radio silence feeling like a idiot.:)

ManInBrown

So everybody I talk to is saying 70 hours and a Monday through Sunday delivery... holy crap fellas. Obviously all the high seniority guys don't give a damn, because it won't be them working 70 or Saturdays and Sundays. But for all the lower seniority guys and swing drivers.. looks like we're in for hell. Lube up fellas.
There’s no way this assumption can be made yet. Stuff like this is all local level rules. I’m in the 177 and Black Friday last contract was still an optional paid holiday. Also last year at peak when the company went to 70 it did not affect drivers in the 177 because we can’t be forced a 6th punch. Why even speculate?

I don’t doubt for one minute that Sunday is in the new contract but why speculate on other details?

Box Ox

There’s no way this assumption can be made yet. Stuff like this is all local level rules. I’m in the 177 and Black Friday last contract was still an optional paid holiday. Also last year at peak when the company went to 70 it did not affect drivers in the 177 because we can’t be forced a 6th punch. Why even speculate?

Because supplemental carve-outs from the national contract are rare, and typically limited to strong Union locals/regions. Down here in Right To Work country, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that none of that stuff you enjoy as a member of 177 will apply where I am.