Word is 70 hours and Sunday delivery

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Why are they in favor??? I’m going to guess that much of that sleeper work is going to be centered in very large buildings or places that already run a ton of sleeper teams like Ontario Ca or Lenexa Ks... but I guess we’ll see....it’s all speculation at this point

I am just reporting what I have heard form feeder drivers in reno/sparks and sacramento. I have spoken to a few and they said a lot of feeder drivers liked the initial reports of the tentative agreement.

not making it up to get into more arguments. i want the best contract for everyone. it's hard not to care when you have been union for 23 years. i appreciate what the Teamsters did for me and my family. I only worked almost 23 years for UPS and have a comfortable pension and health care from the Western Conference.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am just reporting what I have heard form feeder drivers in reno/sparks and sacramento. I have spoken to a few and they said a lot of feeder drivers liked the initial reports of the tentative agreement.

not making it up to get into more arguments. i want the best contract for everyone. it's hard not to care when you have been union for 23 years. i appreciate what the Teamsters did for me and my family. I only worked almost 23 years for UPS and have a comfortable pension and health care from the Western Conference.
I’ve never badmouth you and have no reason to... just curious if there was something else that I haven’t heard that is being boiled up to the top.... I’m sure there are tidbits that are already out but just aren’t “official” yet...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Little soprano??? Ok there has to be a story behind that.....don’t jeep us in suspense
i can't give too many details because i don't want people to guess my identity.

I initially had another user name for years on Brown Cafe and had to change it because certain managers were following me here and harassing me at work because of the posts I was making against management.

Cheryl knows all about it and agreed to change my username. She knows my real identity. Since I retired I give out more info because can't get in trouble at work anymore.

Anyway, if there are any members here from the Sparks, NV hub , they probably guessed by now by reading my posts the last couple years. Don't tell these clowns anything. there was afeeder driver named Randy from my hub that used to post here years ago. He is in the National Rodeo driving championships every year and has taken 1st place in the feeder division a time or 2.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Did your local have healthcare negotiated with the company or is it through the union...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
i can't give too many details because i don't want people to guess my identity.

I initially had another user name for years on Brown Cafe and had to change it because certain managers were following me here and harassing me at work because of the posts I was making against management.

Cheryl knows all about it and agreed to change my username. She knows my real identity. Since I retired I give out more info because can't get in trouble at work anymore.

Anyway, if there are any members here from the Sparks, NV hub , they probably guessed by now by reading my posts the last couple years. Don't tell these clowns anything. there was afeeder driver named Randy from my hub that used to post here years ago. He is in the National Rodeo driving championships every year and has taken 1st place in the feeder division a time or 2.
Was this randy dude bald???

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I’ve never badmouth you and have no reason to... just curious if there was something else that I haven’t heard that is being boiled up to the top.... I’m sure there are tidbits that are already out but just aren’t “official” yet...
ya, but you don't believe i worked for UPS either like a lot of these clowns.

call my Hub. My initials are friend.C. i can't give my real name for obvious reasons. if you call you will be floored.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Did your local have healthcare negotiated with the company or is it through the union...
retiree?

we pay $150 a month. 75 for me and 75 for spouse.

i don't think it was done local by local. i believe it is on a larger scale like districts or region. I don't know.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
ya, but you don't believe i worked for UPS either like a lot of these clowns.

call my Hub. My initials are friend.C. i can't give my real name for obvious reasons. if you call you will be floored.
Ok.... show me a post where I have stated that you didn’t work here at ups??? The only people I badmouth here are the mgt folks and @Gumby .... nice try though...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Ok.... show me a post where I have stated that you didn’t work here at ups??? The only people I badmouth here are the mgt folks and @Gumby .... nice try though...
maybe you're right. sorry.

you are not on my ignore list....

if you know Randy , tell him Soprano says hi. It's funny , I have been retired 3 years this month and have never visited the hub. Have gone to the shop a couple times to have lunch with the mechanics though

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You're right. I knew that but tried to keep it simple by just saying 14 hours including lunch and breaks.

We only get a 30min lunch here and 2- 15 min breaks that's why I still counted a 1 hour lunch.

Thanks for reading and the comment. Appreciate it.

I don't think you can make it simple enough for him to undersund.

what-weve-got-here-is-failure-to-communicate-some-men-you-just-cant-reach.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Think it’s the same guy on the trading card I have seen in the king box of multiple trailers ...
wow. your are the second guy that has mentioned this.

had another guy private message me about this from massachusetts on another discussion forum asking me if i knew him.

small world.

small world

Coldworld

60 months and counting
wow. your are the second guy that has mentioned this.

had another guy private message me about this from massachusetts on another discussion forum asking me if i knew him.

small world.
If I see one I’ll post a pic... I’ve seen it a bunch of times.. I assume someone from your neck of the woods is putting them inside the king boxes...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If I see one I’ll post a pic... I’ve seen it a bunch of times.. I assume someone from your neck of the woods is putting them inside the king boxes...
that's funny.

it's like signing your name or place on a one dollar bill to see where it travels to. ya, UPS trailers go all over.

are you from the east coast? I'm originally from Mass.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't think so, and honestly..... :censored2: sleeper runs.... I'd switch back to package before I took a sleeper run.
I couldn’t agree more.... it especially sucks when one of the drivers is on vacation and you get stuck for the week with the only person who wants to go out.... makes it hard to sleep knowing that person could fall asleep at the wheel at any time... it has happen.

over9five

Staff member
I couldn’t agree more.... it especially sucks when one of the drivers is on vacation and you get stuck for the week with the only person who wants to go out.
A long time ago, I was literally the bottom man in Feeders, and the bid came up. When they got to me, there was only one spot left, Sleeper cover. I refused to bid, went to the office and told them I wouldn't do it. "You have to, it's the only spot left". I would have taken this all the way, I feel that strongly about it. You don't know what your co-driver's been going thru in his life, marital problems, health issues, DID HE GET ENOUGH SLEEP LAST WEEK?
Anyhow, talked to my steward and HERE they can't force you to go OTR. They ended up calling the next guy on the list back from Package, and I stayed regular cover.

... makes it hard to sleep knowing that person could fall asleep at the wheel at any time... it has happen.
Yup, happened here 4 or 5 years ago. The man who was in the bunk is now paralyzed. My worst fears about running Sleeper come true for this poor guy. He's a hero, great wife, young children, making the best of things.
Something I could not do.

Last edited: