Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

• Total voters

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The cuts should have been done 20+ years ago through the accrual rate. To prevent actual cuts to the retirees.
Shoulda, Coulda, Didn't.
There has got to be a way to fix the pension crisis without stickin' the retirees who have paid the price for the promise, are innocent in the problem, and have no say in how or what happens.
If we would have known the fox was watchin' the hen house for the last 30 years, I would have killed the varmint. Blind faith.
''Prevent''? What goes around always comes around. Don't let it happen.

Shoulda, Coulda, Didn't.
There has got to be a way to fix the pension crisis without stickin' the retirees who have paid the price for the promise, are innocent in the problem, and have no say in how or what happens.
If we would have known the fox was watchin' the hen house for the last 30 years, I would have killed the varmint. Blind faith.
''Prevent''? What goes around always comes around. Don't let it happen.
We knew central states were in trouble in 97. Did they cut payouts? Not payments, future payouts? Gross mismanagement.

Jb1534

This was my thought. For example, if a region asked for 12 weeks vacation a year and wanted a strike for anything less then I wouldn't support it. But if a region was getting screwed over pension or health care wise then yes I would happily strike along side them.

No I would not go on strike unless it was a regional or national issue in which UPS was trying to screw with our pay rate or insurance because we are underpaid compared to say Amazon who starts people at $12 an hour while we upsers start out at a low $10.20 an hour which is not a living wage not to mention UPS hires a bunch of old people who can barely move and a bunch of sorry pathetic women who can't even lift 30lbs

F

Frankie's Friend

we upsers start out at a low $10.20 an hour which is not a living wage not to mention UPS hires a bunch of old people who can barely move and a bunch of sorry pathetic women who can't even lift 30lbs
The "old people" show up for work every day, on time, and the "sorry pathetic women" probably dont cry as much as you do.
If you find a better job with full benefits that match the health and pension coverage (ar basically no cost to your whiney rear end) please go.
In the meantime, take your Midol pill. The women and elderly load cleaner loads than you do and you know this to be true.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No I would not go on strike unless it was a regional or national issue in which UPS was trying to screw with our pay rate or insurance because we are underpaid compared to say Amazon who starts people at $12 an hour while we upsers start out at a low $10.20 an hour which is not a living wage not to mention UPS hires a bunch of old people who can barely move and a bunch of sorry pathetic women who can't even lift 30lbs
My daughter could most likely kick your ass.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
there arent any specifics. Just tossing a question out there to see what peoples opinions are. I know there are a lot of issues that just dont relate to every region.

For example, what do people do in the south when its 110 deg out and there is no breeze? I can only imagine the horror of it. If I was faced with those conditions I would certainly strike for some kind of air conditioning or something in the PC to stay cool. would all teamsters nationwide support issues like this. Even though they are region specific?

and another question; can regions or locals have their own strike?
Thanks for addressing that. I am in that region and our package car can top out at 130 degrees in the back during the summer. Believe it or not you do get used to it . It helps you lose those extra 10 to 15 pounds that you can carry during the winter and will help your sorting ability greatly

Over disciplined0123

Thanks for addressing that. I am in that region and our package car can top out at 130 degrees in the back during the summer. Believe it or not you do get used to it . It helps you lose those extra 10 to 15 pounds that you can carry during the winter and will help your sorting ability greatly
It doesn't look good when your looking g for a box on a 90 degree day when the back of cab is 140degrees especially when the customer is at door waiting for box and you come out like your just took a shower with clothes on.