Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I want to ask you a question and please forgive my ignorance on the pension issues and how it works.

What is it you guys would like ups to do for your pension? Isn't the pension a multi-employer pension? I've heard you guys bring up 401K but other than that, how can UPS fix your pension if all the other companies are dead weight?

The ideal would be for the company to pay their withdrawal liability and put us in their plan; of course, doing this would all but kill the fund.

Inthegame

The ideal would be for the company to pay their withdrawal liability and put us in their plan; of course, doing this would all but kill the fund.
That's speculation. When UPS paid their CS w/d, that fund went green zone.
Then the market crash wiped away that payment.

But in your case, if they paid their w/d liability, you would start at zero yrs in the UPS plan.

How is that "ideal" for a guy nearly retired?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's speculation. When UPS paid their CS w/d, that fund went green zone.
Then the market crash wiped away that payment.

But in your case, if they paid their w/d liability, you would start at zero yrs in the UPS plan.

How is that "ideal" for a guy nearly retired?
If the scenario was parallel to Central States, wouldn't Nancy's pension benefit be paid from the UPS/Teamster fund until she turns 65, since the Company paid her withdraw liability, then paid in combination from both funds subsequently?

....and as long as the scenario is parallel to CS, and she retires under a contract with UPS guaranteeing any shortfalls from the Union fund (or the PBGC), wouldn't the Company make up the difference?

Unless of course, it occurs after she retires???....would serve her right, LOL

Last edited:

542thruNthru

If the scenario was parallel to Central States, wouldn't Nancy's pension benefit be paid from the UPS/Teamster fund until she turns 65, since the Company paid her withdraw liability, then paid in combination from both funds subsequently?

....and as long as the scenario is parallel to CS, and she retires under a contract with UPS guaranteeing any shortfalls from the Union fund (or the PBGC), wouldn't the Company make up the difference?

Unless of course, it occurs after she retires???....would serve her right, LOL

Come on bubble... I've come to expect better and more intelligent insults then just calling some one a girl. Don't be a @Turdferguson you're better then that. :)

542thruNthru

It's a very dated reference, from before your time here.
Trying to resurrect it as a parting gift for "Dan".

Would you be surprised to know that there was once a "Nancy" filter???

It might surprise you but I have been here since that long. I remember the filter. Had some fun myself trying to get around it. I understood the Nancy part just never saw people adding the she through out the post. :)

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Here in so cal it's $10 for FT and $8 for PT

So here is a question...Is the Company contributing the same exact amount per individual into the IBT/UPS pension fund or any other Company controlled pension plans?

The same question applies to any Health and Welfare contributions which should be relatively the same per Article 34 (Master), and if not where is the money?

Last year United Parcel Service obtained a 14 percent interest return on their company controlled Retirement investments (Union and Corporate plans).

Research on how a (defined benefit plan) and (monetary contribution plan) works and is funded before you respond.