Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

• Total voters

I find it hard to believe that the troubled pensions are just starting to cut payouts. Cutting payouts during bad times are what some healthy plans did. I hope there will be a time they can raise them again.

brown_trousers

I find it hard to believe that the troubled pensions are just starting to cut payouts. Cutting payouts during bad times are what some healthy plans did. I hope there will be a time they can raise them again.

I agree. Who are these idiots that refuse to take benefit reductions early on when the pension can still be saved, and then tank the whole pension fund because of it?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Cease contributions.
The company will love that.

No

the pension might not be there in the future
No doubt about it if it is negotiated away.

Everyone that I know who has worked for a major company who had a pension plan who went with the contributions going to their own individual 401k with the same line of reasoning about how much better they could do, did great the first few years.
Not now.
Those ''matching contributions'' are no more.
Companies want you "on your own '' with your retirement as well as health ins.
My experience is if they want it, you don't.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My pension plans accrual rates have risen the last few years.

twoweeled

Its been a long time since the "one for all and all for one" train of thought flourished at UPS. Good luck getting all the people at a single center to agree let alone expecting everyone at UPS to support another regions cause.
YOU SAID IT!! Not a whole lot of unity in this Union. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I agree. Who are these idiots that refuse to take benefit reductions early on when the pension can still be saved, and then tank the whole pension fund because of it?
I can understand someone who is already retired voting down a cut in their promised benefit and tank the fund.
Depending on the percentage of the cut of coarse and number of years before the fund is projected to tank, more than likely, before the retiree kicks the bucket, by not taking the cut, chances are he would draw more money.

I can understand someone who is already retired voting down a cut in their promised benefit and tank the fund.
Depending on the percentage of the cut of coarse and number of years before the fund is projected to tank, more than likely, before the retiree kicks the bucket, by not taking the cut, chances are he would draw more money.
The cuts should have been done 20+ years ago through the accrual rate. To prevent actual cuts to the retirees.

542thruNthru

Um.... I may be mistaken but retirees can not vote.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.