Yes or NO on NEW CONTRACT?

Will u vote yes or no on the new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ihadit

Everyone I spoke with so far at local 804 is a resounding NO! A lot of the senior drivers want to stick around just to vote our current executive board out.....

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I agree make a informed decision. We dont know anything yet, All we know is that there is a HANDSHAKE AGREEMENT!!!!!!
The information leaked could be half the story, I will wait before I pass judgement.

wyobill

I havent heard anything on the pension. What happens to us lucky employees that are in CS. People with 10, 15, 20, and 25 yrs vested
with cs, what happens with those years? Is UPS moving those vested years into the new fund or will we left for dead in cs?
What about strong 9.5 language? Filing a 9.5 grievance today is a joke.

siouxman

siouxman
I agree wait until all the information is made available.As a member of central states I think securing our pension and health and welfare is priority. Do we want to throw away every thing we have worked so hard for, no. Be patient and ask lots of questions. In fact when more info is available would someone post questions we can ask our locals.I have heard some guys are getting pensions of 4000 to 6000, and more power to them.In central states im hoping for a pension.

VTBrown

Amazing...the stupidity started at the top and rolled right on down through this thread.

How stupid are the majority of you?

TDU WEB SITE IS STATING THAT THE PENSIONS WILL BE RESTORED TO PREE 2003 LEVELS.25 AND OUT AT $2500.,30 AND OUT AT $3000. AND ELIMINATE THE PENALTY FOR RETIRING BEFORE 62.
THE WEB SITE IS makeUPSdeliver.org. GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE THE REAL DEAL. THAT WOULD BE A WELLL LIKED THOUGH.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Amazing...the stupidity started at the top and rolled right on down through this thread.

How stupid are the majority of you?
Really? This coming from a p-time sup wanna be manager know it all. Why are you even posting on this thread? Your in management and to stupid to realize that most of the others sups on this site are staying clear of it to allow us who are affected by it debate our points. And to answer your question not that stupid, because a sup like you would jump at this deal because its better than what you are getting now for you raise. Thats pretty sad that we are discussing turning down this deal that you pray you would just be offered!

Wow, Hold the insults for another site. Just because we are discussing our thoughts and feelings doesn't make us stupid. I just joined the site this evening
and certainly don't deserve to be labeled STUPID. Everyone is entitled to
there own beliefs that is what this country is based on. If you have the desire to belittle individuals to make yourself feel bigger and better than the rest of the world do so else were PLEASE.

VTBrown

It's absolutely STUPID to run a poll on this contract when NONE of us actually have seen it.

It's absolutely STUPID to sit and complain about hearsay.

It would be SMART to wait until we all actually got to read the proposed new contract, no?

Delivered

It's not looking good from what I have seen at MakeUPSdeliver.org, and I'm really waiting to see what has been done with the excessive overtime. I already have 31 hours in this week, and it's not even Halloween yet.

If you had read all the Posts there are mixed reviews, sometimes people
just need to vent. In my own opinion that's doesn't make them or the topic stupid. Why not simply attempt to submit your own opinion without insulting
individuals ?

DS

Fenderbender
Wow, Hold the insults for another site. Just because we are discussing our thoughts and feelings doesn't make us stupid. I just joined the site this evening
and certainly don't deserve to be labeled STUPID. Everyone is entitled to
there own beliefs that is what this country is based on. If you have the desire to belittle individuals to make yourself feel bigger and better than the rest of the world do so else were PLEASE.
First of all Brownbrowser,welcome to the browncafe.I assure you that name calling is not condoned here.
From what I've read,posters are simply sharing what they've heard or read about the new contract.We have no reason to disbelieve the general gist of it.
OK now on to my humble opinion.
Im a 17 yr driver in Canada.Your contract doesn't really affect me directly but does most of my friends here in the browncafe..Being that I'm getting on in years(I'm 52),and I dont understand the big desire for wage increases over the pension/health issue.UPS drivers in the USA make $4 more an hr than us.If I lived there I'd rather have a 25 cent an hour raise each year and throw the other $8 into my future.

705red

Browncafe Steward
First of all Brownbrowser,welcome to the browncafe.I assure you that name calling is not condoned here.
From what I've read,posters are simply sharing what they've heard or read about the new contract.We have no reason to disbelieve the general gist of it.
OK now on to my humble opinion.
Im a 17 yr driver in Canada.Your contract doesn't really affect me directly but does most of my friends here in the browncafe..Being that I'm getting on in years(I'm 52),and I dont understand the big desire for wage increases over the pension/health issue.UPS drivers in the USA make $4 more an hr than us.If I lived there I'd rather have a 25 cent an hour raise each year and throw the other $8 into my future.
Perfect point ds, when you negioate a contract, you have to think about 3 different groups of people. 20 to 30 year olds are all about the money, 30 to 40 year olds are about the benefits(medical,etc) and 40 plus are worried about retirement. Now you have to mix this inta a bowl ant stir it to please everyone. Not everyone will be happy but it is also about the give backs, once you give back you will probably never get it back. Not so easy to do now is it?

agitator

Everyone I spoke with so far at local 804 is a resounding NO! A lot of the senior drivers want to stick around just to vote our current executive board out.....

Sounds good to me IHADIT...they want us to give back 25 and out!!!...maybe we should start a RECALL petition!!! or a vote of NO CONFIDENCE!!

First off, Thank You DS for the Welcome, I appreciate it.
Secondly I have to agree with Red705, (I hope I remembered that correctly.)
There are 3 age groups you have to consider. Myself I'm in the later group.
Looking out for my future. As a Senior UPSer I've been through several
contracts. however this one is important for my families future. I do understand the others feelings and thoughts I was there once. Everything is
important in this contract one issue shouldn't out weigh another. Therefore
I will wait on the information and than cast my vote. As Red705 stated it is
not an easy task for the Union, nor the company to make everyone happy.
It has never happened before and probably won't happen again. That, as I
stated earlier is reality.

Im just glad we have this forum to communicate to all the TEAMSTERS on what is really the truth of the contract and how it will affect ALL. The next couple of weeks should tell the tale.:thumbup1:

1eyejack

Im just glad we have this forum to communicate to all the TEAMSTERS on what is really the truth of the contract and how it will affect ALL. The next couple of weeks should tell the tale.:thumbup1:
Before i vote on any contract or anyone else . We need to hire a great law firm . One For us who will look out for us... and make sure that the teamsters can not change the contract . wht we sign is wht we get not change it in 2 yrs saying they need to cut benefits or take back the 25 in out .. The great laywer who sign famous football mates get the best contract with out changing it in the yrs that they signed the deal . like the teamsters keep screwing us ... its about time for a change .We need one because we r getting sold out by the best they already have 2 ,3 pension they don't need anymore but a exspenive bank account that they can take are money...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Welcome brownbrowser.
and yes we have to really wait and see, and then we can iron out the wrinkles, and decide the best for us. I had many other trucking companies that I deliver to, mad at me today. I told them their company would have to pony up the way UPS did, they wont.
I think 25 and out would be great, 30 is cool. But the idea of 64 and out maybe was really weighing on me, under the old plan. Most people I know could not do it, I probably could but do not want to!!!!!!!!
I dont care about raises, thats just me........After getting 120k medical bills in the mail knowing I might owe 8k, is enough for me. We are a rare company who has such great coverage, and while being questioned on a few meds, Ill still take that, I know Ive given my best yrs, still have a few good ones left, but not 14. But until we actually have a meeting with our union, or our company we do not know whats real and whats smoke. Hold on a few days people. No name calling, no slander, just hang in and wait, we have waited this long, we could have waited another yr, lets just be patient.