You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacha29

If you think they're ending Social Security you're out of your mind. And guess what, entitlements need to be reformed. Trump wasn't my choice, but infinitely better than that crook y'all nominated. Obama just about broke the bank, Hillary would've finished the job.
Van reform is one thing . Gutting it is another and based on what the Chairman of the House Way's and Means Committee said today and what Ryan said today gutting it is what they mean. Take a look at the so called "reform" plan Ryan offered up 2 years ago fee for service under Medicare would end to be replaced with a stipend that for a couple on Medicare would total $ 7700 a year to be used to buy private health insurance. There isn't an insurer in the entire world let alone in this country who would sell a policy to a 68 year old couple for $ 650 a month no matter how watered down it was. Obama "broke the bank'? Many economists agree that if Obama and the Federal reserve did not take the actions they did the result would have been 25% unemployment and the banks would have been nationalized much in the same fashion Roosevelt nationalized the banks during the Great Depression.

bacha29

If you think they're ending Social Security you're out of your mind. And guess what, entitlements need to be reformed. Trump wasn't my choice, but infinitely better than that crook y'all nominated. Obama just about broke the bank, Hillary would've finished the job.
Van in his state of the union address Bush plainly laid out his plan to privatize Social Security. Only the financial collapse prevented it from becoming a reality.

dezguy

You live in Canuckia and call us dumb? :rofl:
First, I never called anyone dumb. I posted a scene from a movie which accurately depicts how I feel, having read through the past two pages.

Secondly, have you ever lived in Canada for any amount of time? I'm not sure why the need for the emoji, as if Canada is some third world country. I've been blessed to have been a few places in this world and, as nice as those places are, I'd still choose to live in Canada.

vantexan

Van in his state of the union address Bush plainly laid out his plan to privatize Social Security. Only the financial collapse prevented it from becoming a reality.
Bush presented the idea to see how it would be accepted. It went nowhere. And that was long before the collapse.

vantexan

First, I never called anyone dumb. I posted a scene from a movie which accurately depicts how I feel, having read through the past two pages.

Secondly, have you ever lived in Canada for any amount of time? I'm not sure why the need for the emoji, as if Canada is some third world country. I've been blessed to have been a few places in this world and, as nice as those places are, I'd still choose to live in Canada.
I and Oldfart posted then you posted "Dumb and Dumber." How did you think we'd interpret that? And don't be so sensitive. I've been to Canada about a dozen times from B.C. to Quebec. It's a magnificent country!

dezguy

I and Oldfart posted then you posted "Dumb and Dumber." How did you think we'd interpret that? And don't be so sensitive. I've been to Canada about a dozen times from B.C. to Quebec. It's a magnificent country!
"You live in Canucks and you call us dumb?"

So, basically, you call me dumb for living in Canada, yet I'm being sensitive? I'm sorry but I'm not sure how else I was supposed to take that...

vantexan

Van reform is one thing . Gutting it is another and based on what the Chairman of the House Way's and Means Committee said today and what Ryan said today gutting it is what they mean. Take a look at the so called "reform" plan Ryan offered up 2 years ago fee for service under Medicare would end to be replaced with a stipend that for a couple on Medicare would total $ 7700 a year to be used to buy private health insurance. There isn't an insurer in the entire world let alone in this country who would sell a policy to a 68 year old couple for $ 650 a month no matter how watered down it was. Obama "broke the bank'? Many economists agree that if Obama and the Federal reserve did not take the actions they did the result would have been 25% unemployment and the banks would have been nationalized much in the same fashion Roosevelt nationalized the banks during the Great Depression.
Can I ask you a serious question? Do you believe we can continue to raise the national debt forever with no negative consequences? Seriously, not being sarcastic, want to know. If not how do you propose we tackle the problem? What we've proven in the last 8 years is that our economy is stagnant, and doesn't generate enough tax revenue to cover all expenses. Deficit spending is making debt servicing a greater and greater part of our budget. That pushes out more and more of the kinds of things we'd like to have. The best remedy is to rev up the economy to where tax revenues greatly increase. It's either that or eventual collapse under our own weight.

vantexan

"You live in Canucks and you call us dumb?"

So, basically, you call me dumb for living in Canada, yet I'm being sensitive? I'm sorry but I'm not sure how else I was supposed to take that...
Sorry, didn't mean to offend, was just poking fun back at you after the "dumb and dumber" post, not to mention the offers of sanctuary as if the election result is going to make living in the U.S. unbearable.

dezguy

Sorry, didn't mean to offend, was just poking fun back at you after the "dumb and dumber" post, not to mention the offers of sanctuary as if the election result is going to make living in the U.S. unbearable.
I never made offers of sanctuary, I mentioned that a friend of mine, who live in Wisconsin asked if he could move into my basement. There was no mention from me that the election result was going to make living in the US unbearable.

Also, later in that thread I said that pretty much the same reaction happened here after our last federal election and our country didn't implode.

bbsam

Staff member
Can I ask you a serious question? Do you believe we can continue to raise the national debt forever with no negative consequences? Seriously, not being sarcastic, want to know. If not how do you propose we tackle the problem? What we've proven in the last 8 years is that our economy is stagnant, and doesn't generate enough tax revenue to cover all expenses. Deficit spending is making debt servicing a greater and greater part of our budget. That pushes out more and more of the kinds of things we'd like to have. The best remedy is to rev up the economy to where tax revenues greatly increase. It's either that or eventual collapse under our own weight.
Grow our way out? When has that worked?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That doesn't mean that they fixed it right either.

No but at least they took a step in the right direction.

How many times have you been to the ER and knew that you were going to not only be paying for your medical care but that you would also be paying for the medical care of the indigent person sitting next to you?

bacha29

You're going to Megikoo. You don't need to worry about this. If Medicare is to be the foundation of your future healthcare needs I wish you and your wife good fortune finding a health insurance plan for $ 650 a month. The goal of Ryan's people is to hang a guilt trip on the backs of America's working class the people who made his handlers rich in order to make them feel that they are the ones responsible for the need to gut the nation's social programs. Today defense stocks exploded upward ahead of the anticipated large increase in defense spending. Under budget rules spending increases in one area requires cuts in another. So where do you go? You budget cut the legs right out from under the people who have done the most but received the least. And you're the one on here who has always been waaing and with good reason about delivering so much value to that company and receiving so little in return.

vantexan

I never made offers of sanctuary, I mentioned that a friend of mine, who live in Wisconsin asked if he could move into my basement. There was no mention from me that the election result was going to make living in the US unbearable.

Also, later in that thread I said that pretty much the same reaction happened here after our last federal election and our country didn't implode.
You're going to Megikoo. You don't need to worry about this. If Medicare is to be the foundation of your future healthcare needs I wish you and your wife good fortune finding a health insurance plan for $ 650 a month. The goal of Ryan's people is to hang a guilt trip on the backs of America's working class the people who made his handlers rich in order to make them feel that they are the ones responsible for the need to gut the nation's social programs. Today defense stocks exploded upward ahead of the anticipated large increase in defense spending. Under budget rules spending increases in one area requires cuts in another. So where do you go? You budget cut the legs right out from under the people who have done the most but received the least. And you're the one on here who has always been waaing and with good reason about delivering so much value to that company and receiving so little in return.
I'm curious as to why you're so racist against Mexicans? The budget needs to be reduced, period. And working class Americans get tired of shouldering the burden for those that don't produce. Simple as that.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
How many times have you been to the ER and knew that you were going to not only be paying for your medical care but that you would also be paying for the medical care of the indigent person sitting next to you?
Never.

Lots of write offs in hospitals BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.