You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsam

Staff member
Those insurance companies are fleeing Obamacare. You can't on the one hand require coverage for preexisting conditions, and on the other hand not have enough healthy young people sign up to help pay for those others, and expect premiums to do anything but rise. It's a mess, and one we can't afford.
If you can't afford the premium in Obamacare, you can't afford it out of Obamacare.

vantexan

If you can't afford the premium in Obamacare, you can't afford it out of Obamacare.
Most get their insurance through work. Those who don't are often paying the penalty rather than getting insurance on the exchange if their income is too high to get enough of a subsidy from Obamacare. Let's be honest, it's been the Democrats' intention all along to drive insurers out of healthcare to get to a single payer system, a government system. What's happening is falling right in line with their intent.

bacha29

And P.S. it is Obamacare that is making unaffordable, in or out of it.
Van people from the bottom to the top were gaming the system.People would sign onto the ACA and pay the discounted premium for a few months go get long overdue procedures completed ( hernia's joint replacements etc) them drop out. Kids who were counted on to buy into the ACA elected to pay the fine and get nothing for the money wrongly believing that if they paid the fine they still received coverage then got sick or hurt and wanted Medicaid to pay but here is the real killer as Mark Cuban who I think should be dragged kicking and screaming in to White House pointed out. Under the ACA participating insurers would be reimbursed for any losses they incurred for the first 3 years of the program. Knowing this many insurers as Mark pointed out badly under priced their insurance plans just to get people to sign onto them . Now many are suing to get the money they claim they are owed. But government watchdogs are saying the losses they are claiming are much more attributable to deliberate under pricing than actual unforeseen consequences. No question people from top to bottom were gaming the program.

MAKAVELI

Most get their insurance through work. Those who don't are often paying the penalty rather than getting insurance on the exchange if their income is too high to get enough of a subsidy from Obamacare. Let's be honest, it's been the Democrats' intention all along to drive insurers out of healthcare to get to a single payer system, a government system. What's happening is falling right in line with their intent.
At this point what has the health insurance industry shown that leaving it privatized would be better?

bacha29

Trumps plan calls for insurers to be able to sell plans across state which they can in some cases already do. But if they don't want to sell coverage in a given state they don't want to be in they don't go there Furthermore the repeal of Obamacare would reinstate the preexisting conditions rule which allow insurers to once again refuse to sell policies on the basis of age and or preexisting medical conditions And if if they were willing to sell a policy to say a couple age 60 and one with a minor age related condition what would the monthly premium be? $2000 a month easily And his Medicaid block grant to the states would strictly limit the amount of money each state gets. Which in turn limits how much help it can give to a sick patient with no insurance and no money. So it's plain to see the basis of his plan......rationed care. In the future you'll get a bare essential level of care. If you want or need more than that to stay alive you'll have to find enough of your own money to pay for it.

vantexan

Trumps plan calls for insurers to be able to sell plans across state which they can in some cases already do. But if they don't want to sell coverage in a given state they don't want to be in they don't go there Furthermore the repeal of Obamacare would reinstate the preexisting conditions rule which allow insurers to once again refuse to sell policies on the basis of age and or preexisting medical conditions And if if they were willing to sell a policy to say a couple age 60 and one with a minor age related condition what would the monthly premium be? $2000 a month easily And his Medicaid block grant to the states would strictly limit the amount of money each state gets. Which in turn limits how much help it can give to a sick patient with no insurance and no money. So it's plain to see the basis of his plan......rationed care. In the future you'll get a bare essential level of care. If you want or need more than that to stay alive you'll have to find enough of your own money to pay for it.
If it goes to a single payer gov't plan then rationed care is exactly what you'll get. How long until we're short on doctors after the gov't hits them with mountains of paperwork and limits their income? You said that insurers already can cross some state lines. Where? You say it's the insurers' fault for under charging? If so then it was collusion between them and administration as who in their right mind would want to pay these high rates? As with all Democrat plans everything is about taking from those who have and giving to those who don't. There's got to be a better way.

bacha29

If it goes to a single payer gov't plan then rationed care is exactly what you'll get. How long until we're short on doctors after the gov't hits them with mountains of paperwork and limits their income? You said that insurers already can cross some state lines. Where? You say it's the insurers' fault for under charging? If so then it was collusion between them and administration as who in their right mind would want to pay these high rates? As with all Democrat plans everything is about taking from those who have and giving to those who don't. There's got to be a better way.
If you're going t o Mekeego why should you worry? We'll take care of things here. Besides you can get the best health care in the world....if you have the money. But again that's the American way.

vantexan

If you're going t o Mekeego why should you worry? We'll take care of things here. Besides you can get the best health care in the world....if you have the money. But again that's the American way.
I'll still be eligible for Medicare some day, and I do care about the state of care for my relatives and friends. The only reason I can see you supporting Obamacare is that it's entirely a Democrat invention, and therefore you must defend it til the end. If it's broke, it's broke.

bacha29

I'll still be eligible for Medicare some day, and I do care about the state of care for my relatives and friends. The only reason I can see you supporting Obamacare is that it's entirely a Democrat invention, and therefore you must defend it til the end. If it's broke, it's broke.
So in your opinion we have to trash can Obamacare so we can save Medicare? Just another guy who wants to eliminate all programs that do not benefit himself personally in order to ensure the survival of the ones that do benefit him. Go ahead bring up the fact that I am a center/left Democrat while at the same time longing for the day when you can enjoy the benefits of Medicare a purely Democrat initiative which encountered blistering GOP opposition in particular Bob Dole who while serving in the House filibustered the House in an attempt to get the Medicare bill back into committee where he had the votes to kill it. If he had succeeded then today it would have been up to you to figure what to do about your future healthcare needs and how to pay for them Just another Republican hypocrite. Condemns any effort by government to resolve festering social problems that the private sector ignores or exasperates but if it can benefit you you're standing right there with your hand out . I admire your conservative convictions but face the facts you don't have enough of the personal wealth needed to support them. Like they say if you can't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.

bbsam

Staff member
A democrat invention?!

It's an insurance company invention!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Condemns any effort by government to resolve festering social problems that the private sector ignores or exasperates but if it can benefit you you're standing right there with your hand out .
Exacerbates, is, I believe, the word you were attempting to utilize.

It will be fine

@Monkey Butt when you're not busy, will you pretty please move all these stupid comments that have nothing to do with FedEx management to a new thread called "Round and Round They Go......Again"?
He can move it to pissing match. To be fair for an election year there haven't been many political derailments here.

On topic. I had an argument today. Customer had a call-in pickup. I told our pickup coordinators that the customer has a drop trailer and the pickup would be on that trailer. He told me he couldn't do anything until he called the customer to verify they had a trailer. I said, "you don't know where you have trailers dropped? Do I need to send you a picture?" He hung up on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.