You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How can they change your day off when you signed an offer letter that said you have Saturday and Sunday off?

An offer letter is only as strong as they want it to be but I've never seen one that said a schedule would never change. Every one I've ever seen has included language to the effect of "your schedule is subject to change to meet the needs of the company." You'd still have the opportunity to bump a lower-seniority employee (in most cases, at least) and retain your M-friend status. Your other option is to take the 90 days to find another position.

59 Dano

Might as well be all of them.

You can't tell me that you don't know that the company's mission is to look good on paper.

The best way to look good on paper is to succeed. So tell me, which reports are falsified and why? If you want to get on here and run your mouth (figuratively), know what you're talking about.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How can they change your day off when you signed an offer letter that said you have Saturday and Sunday off?

Seems like if they're changing that many routes they should just rebid the entire station...

Operational needs--Fedex's go to excuse every time we are screwed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So tell me, which reports are falsified and why?
Let's put it this way, I wouldn't believe any reports from an express manager that were put in front of me. They're falsified by management to escape the wrath of the district and or termination. Happy now?

Last edited:

59 Dano

Let's put it this way, I wouldn't believe any reports from an express manager that were put in front of me. They're falsified by management to escape the wrath of the district and or termination. Happy now?

Still haven't answered the question, probably because you don't know what you're talking about.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL, more smoke from a pretend "courier."

So tell me... which reports are falsified, and why?

You're Mr. Manager, so tell me. The obvious answer is that if you can alter items that keep you above goals and off the radar, you're golden. I'm well aware that the books are frequently cooked. Are you actually denying it?

59 Dano

My God, cut down on OT by hiring some people!

They can do so with the people they have in these cases.

The big push here is for each station's OT to be no more than 8% of total hours worked. This has been a big issue off and on for the last couple of years, but they aren't messing around this time. Here, hints were dropped to the usual OT hogs but none of them believed them.

59 Dano

You're Mr. Manager, so tell me. The obvious answer is that if you can alter items that keep you above goals and off the radar, you're golden. I'm well aware that the books are frequently cooked. Are you actually denying it?

I'm denying that you're any more informed than Cactus. Nice vague statement, "They alter reports to make their performance look better." Yeah, I've heard you the first million times you've said that, and I'm asking you what reports they alter and how those altered reports change the appearance of a manager's (or a workgroup's) performance.

FWIW, I haven't confirmed or denied the accuracy of any report by anyone. If you want to argue about the validity of reports, fine, but come to the table with something beyond your hypothesis.

59 Dano

OMG. Why do you guys have to ruin every thread with your petty bickering??? It is so tiring!!

I know! That's why I asked him to tell me what he knows about the topic that he brought up. Should be crickets. He has a hard on for me for some reason where he'll argue about anything I say.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I know! That's why I asked him to tell me what he knows about the topic that he brought up. Should be crickets. He has a hard on for me for some reason where he'll argue about anything I say.

Just don't answer them. We are all adults here. How about everyone act like one. Or better yet, put each other on ignore. That's a wonderful feature on this site. That way you never even have to read what each other says. You guys are like friggin children. Geez!!!

El Morado Diablo

My God, cut down on OT by hiring some people!

This only works when you have managers who know how to take advantage of the extra bodies.

Our manager had a new PT'er (hasn't even been to courier class yet) meet a FT on-road yesterday. The manager told the PT'er to take all of the FT's deliveries so the FT could do the pick-ups and get back for the reload. So how did that work out? The FT swing was off in under 8 hours and the PT'er worked 10+ hours and had to get help from 2 other couriers (both on OT) to finish the deliveries. The manager should have asked the PT'er to go on break and meet the FT swing at the last pick-up stop to shuttle the freight in and work the reload.

It gets better though. When the PT'er got back to the station they discovered that they had overlooked a package. The PT'er made a call to a different manager and was told to release the package (at the station) and deliver it on their way home in their personal vehicle. Being new, the PT'er didn't object to the manager's directions and did as they were told.

dex 84

The big push here is for each station's OT to be no more than 8% of total hours worked.

That's laughable. Any full time employee getting four hours of overtime in a week would be dragging the number to the wrong side of 8%.

59 Dano

That's laughable. Any full time employee getting four hours of overtime in a week would be dragging the number to the wrong side of 8%.

You're not figuring in the other employees who don't get OT. In your example, every regular hour of labor worked drags the number back toward the right side of 8%. But regardless, that's why they're shifting hours that would be OT to regular time.

59 Dano

The question HAS been answered. Sorry you can't handle the truth.

It hasn't, because "The reports that are false are the reports that they've falsified" is hardly an answer. If that's the best you can do, I wont pursue it anymore because it's no fun making you look silly when you do it for me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So I was talking to a coworker this morning that I had never seen before. He was hired as a handler three months ago.

After a month, management asked him if he wanted to be a PT AM courier. He said, sure but only if it's Mon-Fri. No problem. He was recently informed that he will now be Monday thru Saturday with Wednesday and Sunday as his days off. He reiterated again, I can't work Saturday. Put me back as a handler. Mgmt responds with, No. You either work Saturdays or you become an attendance problem and will be fired. Oh and BTW, we're having a job fair, do you know anyone you might want to refer? LMAO!!!

The guy already found another job and will be quitting as soon as his training there is finished. He said our station management is some of the most screwed up management he's ever seen, and he's not a young guy.

Purplepackage

7/11 saturday routes are paid straight time so we don't really have a saturday OT problem, but that might give you an idea at how small the station is

Status
Not open for further replies.