President Obama!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Prove it.

Prove that you are an idiot? Self evident. Mark Levin, Lars Larson, and several other talk show hosts used B52's in their rants about Obama visiting Japan to lay a wreath (not apologize). When several well-know right Wingers make the same inaccurate statement, it's pretty obvious they're getting their info from the same sources.

B52's didn't exist until the mid 1950's...a fact. The bombers used to attack Tokyo and set it afire...B29's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You're the liberal.

Isn't there a Trump protest you should be throwing rocks at?
I'll take that as a yes, it is why you're so friend'ed up in the head.
You're the liberal, sad thing is you don't even know it.
A non-interventionist foreign policy is the true conservative position.
You prove yourself to be a neoconservative with every post.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Because can Monday morning quarterback with the best of them, but I have yet to hear a better option from you.
DIDO, have you figured out a better way to beat Japan without dropping 2 atomic bombs on them?

It's been a couple of days, and I don't see any reply.

So how do you get Japan to surrender without dropping atomic bombs on their cities?

BrownArmy

We could have dropped one bomb 5 miles off their coastline as a display, and then dropped leaflets all over Japan saying that we had ten more ready to go, you have three days to surrender.

In either case, the second bomb was unnecessary.

oldngray

nowhere special
We could have dropped one bomb 5 miles off their coastline as a display, and then dropped leaflets all over Japan saying that we had ten more ready to go, you have three days to surrender.

Did they surrender after the first bomb? No? Then the second bomb was likely necessary.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
DIDO, have you figured out a better way to beat Japan without dropping 2 atomic bombs on them?

It's been a couple of days, and I don't see any reply.

So how do you get Japan to surrender without dropping atomic bombs on their cities?
Here you go:

"Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and second because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face.' "
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view, in the defeat of Japan."
-Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet

"The use of [the atomic bombs] at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender."
-Admiral William D. Leahy, Chief of Staff to President Truman

"The War would have been over in two weeks without the Russians entering and without the atomic bomb. The atomic bomb had nothing to do with the end of the War at all." Except that it drastically speeded the War's end to deprive the Russians of territory in east Asia.
-Major General Curtis LeMay

Last edited:

realbrown1

Here you go:

"Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and second because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face.' "
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view, in the defeat of Japan."
-Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet

"The use of [the atomic bombs] at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender."
-Admiral William D. Leahy, Chief of Staff to President Truman

"The War would have been over in two weeks without the Russians entering and without the atomic bomb. The atomic bomb had nothing to do with the end of the War at all." Except that it drastically speeded the War's end to deprive the Russians of territory in east Asia.
-Major General Curtis LeMay
These are opinions, not fact.

Fact-Japan did not UNCONDITIONALLY SURRENDER until AFTER 2 atomic bombs were dropped on them AND the Soviet Union invaded the northern islands.

Facts beat opinions every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

realbrown1

OK, we drop an atomic bomb 5 miles off the coast of Japan.

Then we drop leaflets saying we have 10 more and ready to go.

And if they don't decide to surrender after the leaflets are dropped?

Then what?

And remember, we now on have 1 atomic bomb left.